Palisades Mega Muppet line debuts this Winter

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's just funky that I keep hearing the same replies to a post that included the exact same information.
I guess people don't feel right being under-enthusiastic to Ken. He's got pretty close to people here and they are gonna feel less than happy about giving him a thumbs down (or midway) than say the Muppet lingerie creator. I guess they are using your info to explain themselves.

We must have faith that Palisades knows what they're doing and this attempt is not to over-exploit the characters. Rather, it is a good attempt to make the line even more solid so that it will last for years to come.
Out of interest, how do you come to the conclusion that this aids longevity ? If it's financially aiding the other line then i'm with ya because these are going to sell anyway. I don't think having a larger scale replica figure on the market is going to aid longevity much though - it does give the consumer more choice but i would think giving the hardcore figure collector 'completists' yet another extra figure to buy would balance that argument out some. You remember how much they complained when there was talk of the V/C Beaker and people from other forums threatening to quit the line.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A larger scale Beaker could stir-up interest and be a money maker. I know plenty of non-fans who would shell out 24 bucks to get one. In fact - he could possibly be more profitable than wave one.

Luke

Reaction score
A larger scale Beaker could stir-up interest and be a money maker. I know plenty of non-fans who would shell out 24 bucks to get one. In fact - he could possibly be more profitable than wave one.
Actually thats an excellent point Jamie. I hope you are right. I think they kinda need some decent advertising and publicity for the mega and regular waves though to spark off this non-fan interest. It's a shame they couldn't get together with Henson and work something out. Although admittedly a giant Beaker or Animal is going to be easily noticeable on a TRU shelf !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the line is getting as much of a push as all Henson items, but they really do need more exposure. I also think that TRU, though the leading American toy store, is a very mis-managed company that may not be the best market for the Muppet Show characters. This Beaker could help change that. He's definitely something to get excited about for everybody when seen in that light. Just think of all the mega Muppet possibilities: Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Pepe, Sam, Statler, Waldorf, Gonzo - heck, maybe even a Clifford!

uncleduke

Reaction score
...I also think that TRU, though the leading American toy store, is a very mis-managed company that may not be the best market for the Muppet Show characters.
Hate to burst your bubble, but, beleive it or not, TRU is not the nations largest toy retailer, and actually hasn't been for a few years now.
The are mismanged, and although they are one of the few brick and Mortar stores promoting the line, they could be doing ALOT better. Stan Winston's (cool as they may be) toys get their own endcap for crissakes! Maybe Henson should have made TRU's New mascot, then they'd get better exposure in the stores.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
TRU is not the nations largest toy retailer, and actually hasn't been for a few years now.
So who the heck is then ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

My question too! LOL! No bubble burst here either - I really never liked TRU even as a kid. I always saw it as more of a warehouse of items that i don't want than a friendly toy store. :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah its a bit secretive but one of my TV projects in development right now is about the Toy industry and i'm in pretty regular contact with the management and press people at TRU, sat through tons of their presentations - if they aren't your countries biggest toy retailer then they've been lying to me for about the past year or so.

grail

Reaction score
maybe you could up the Muppet ante and make sure to cover Palisades...heh, teasing...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Believe it or not Wal-Mart is the nation's, and the worlds, leading seller in toys per dollar than any other.