1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Palisades style Mini Muppet project update thread

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by MWoO, Feb 1, 2014.

1. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Active Member

Bean Bunny would be another good choice

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  2. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Mulch is one I never thought of but now I really want to do that. He is both a classic and modern character which is nice. Not sure on the height. Will have to look at MT episodes.

As for progress.....yes and no. Yes because I finally got the 3d printed joints back and I believe they will work just fine for a ball joint neck, ball jointed shoulders, and elbows. Wrist articulation proved a bit too small to print right. Legs will not move for looks reason and to keep it simple. They really don't need to move anyway.

No progress on anything else. I had some work related issues that took up almost all my free time. Good news is that starting Sunday I should have a week where I can ease up at work a bit and then the next week I'm on vaca so I will try to catch up on everything for fozzie and get sal off the ground and maybe pump out the aliens since they are easy and won't be articulated. We'll see.

I haven't even had time to see muppets most wanted yet. :(

3. BobbyBenson64

That's extremely unfortunate :(

4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Can't wait to see. Definitely agree that Sal doesn't need any articulation on the legs looking at the prototype of him It doesn't look like palisades was going to it either. Also I did kind an another image of scale where he is standing next to Uncle Deadly which could also help. Here's a little old link to the image.

http://www.clarktoys.com/adloatmuse10.html

Also has anyone seen this image looks like a prototype of the naked Robin which could help if you ever make that.

[​IMG]

5. BobbyBenson64

That Robin looks perfect if only it was massively produced

6. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Very true shame naked Robin never made it but glad we got Robin in the line. Seems like they were trying on making the last exclusive OMGCAFO Sal and naked Robin and they were so close. So was the whole Sesame Street line so close to getting them figures especially those Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster figures.

I can't stop thinking of suggetions the Snerfs would a fun addition and would Seymour and of course Angus McGonagle he would of been a random and awesome addition.

BobbyBenson64 likes this.
  7. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Any progress on those epic pieces my friend :)

BobbyBenson64 likes this.
  8. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Any progress on this project? I can't wait to see how it turns out!

9. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i too want to see whats happening. Hopefully some progress soon

10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hope MWoO's okay and can see these wonderful projects to fruition!

Alex

11. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

We actually were planning on articulation, just so you know. In the legs and a lot of other places. Always remember the painted protos were just the start of things. We did a lot of work after that with engineering in some joints.

This photo is a stage one factory gypsum model. I call it stage one because we hadn't gone in to do any fine tuning on it yet. There was more work to do on likeness and more articulation to add in, more work to do in fur, etc. It was as basic as basic gets. I don't know that I ever showed this.

[​IMG]

j3h, LinkiePie<3, SwedishTech and 4 others like this.
  12. BobbyBenson64

That's awesome

13. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Been busy with other things for a while, just wandered back in here after watching MMW three times in the last two days.

Awesome pic, ResidentLilly! Thank you for sharing that!

Any word from MWoO?

Alex

14. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hey, MWoO, whatever happened with these projects?

Alex

15. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Just seeing this thread for the first time now. Man, that Fozzie is amazing! I would definitely be interested in seeing and paying for a Sal as well as some of the other characters mentioned. So cool!

16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ken is back! I still feel bad for all the flack and headache Ken and company often got by everyone on here:)

Yeah, ten years after the end of the Palisades line, Sal was the main figure that almost was but never came to be that irks me for not happening.