Pallisades Figures Get an A+ from Cinescape.com!

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
Wow

Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I just "googled" myself and this page came up. (I wrote the original review for Cinescape...)

Just wanted to quickly say that yes I am a big Muppets fan, I LOVE these figures, and I'm really digging this site!!!! Awesome layout and design.

:embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pitfallharry said:
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I just "googled" myself and this page came up. (I wrote the original review for Cinescape...)

Just wanted to quickly say that yes I am a big Muppets fan, I LOVE these figures, and I'm really digging this site!!!! Awesome layout and design.

Welcome, PitfallHarry--you'll have to meet our own Crazy Harry sometime.

Say, since that article a while back, and knowing what you know now about the figures (detail and the extensive articulation on many of them), plus the fact that Palisades is so fan-friendly, what do you think of the figures; and what's today's review of your review from a year ago?

FOZ

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Welcome, PitfallHarry--you'll have to meet our own Crazy Harry sometime.

Say, since that article a while back, and knowing what you know now about the figures (detail and the extensive articulation on many of them), plus the fact that Palisades is so fan-friendly, what do you think of the figures; and what's today's review of your review from a year ago?

FOZ

Crazy Harry scares me. He works with dynamite, right? :smile:

To be honest, I haven't purchased any of the figs after series 2, but not for lack of wanting. More a lack of funds. Personally, I think they keep getting better and better, though I'd take issue with a few character choices. (I'm not a fan of the Muppets Tonight crew so I wouldn't want to see any of those, especially so early in the figures' run. I also would rather have the standard costume figures first, before any variations, such as the Gonzo the Great or Sam the Eagle as the patriot.)

From what I've seen though, the Playsets themselves are VASTLY improving with each one. I bought the Lab with Beaker and was pretty disappointed overall with it. Animal and his drum kit was a lot cooler, though still seems like you're paying a lot for a whole bunch of nothing (the drums could've easily been just packaged with a regular carded Animal fig. The mini stage didn't do much for me.) But the Swedish Chef kitchen looks UNBELIEVABLE. I'm gonna have to break down and buy that one when the wife's not looking. :big_grin:

I guess to sum up my current feelings... I've cut back on ALL my action figure purchases these days but if I had to, Muppets would be the first ones I start picking up again. And I've got just about every Simpsons figure put out up until the last line, so that's saying a lot. I almost wish Palisades would snag the Simpsons license from Playmates at this point. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, Palisades rules the action figure world IMO.

I never got the Simpsons line because the playability seemed off to me--not enough articulation for me. I like to pose my figures and play with them.

Yep, even at 30. Or is it 31 now? Hmm...

I'm still waiting on extra dough to get series 5! I can't WAIT to get the money to get that, either!

Kev

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pitfallharry said:

Thanks. Glad you like the work we've done on the site. Make sure to come around on holidays to check out the special menus. Also check in at Palisades' Forum for up to date news and questions about figures. We also have a very clear updated page here to help out those who don't want to sift through posts. http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/tms_figures.shtml

Welcome to the forum! :smile: