Pallisades Figures Get an A+ from Cinescape.com!

grail

Reaction score
now there's an action figure i DON'T want...

(did we take enough heat off, slim?)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
I just had a thought of Ken in one of those Pepe Tutu's! LOL!!
Yeah when Jakk's make action figures of the WWF 'DIVAS' they scan the actual girls in costume through a body scanner i think. Maybe Palisades can take this approach for the 'Pepe In A Tutu' figure - but Le Prawn is not available - we need a model ..... Oh Kenneth ................... :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah when Jakk's make action figures of the WWF 'DIVAS' they scan the actual girls in costume through a body scanner i think. Maybe Palisades can take this approach for the 'Pepe In A Tutu' figure - but Le Prawn is not available - we need a model ..... Oh Kenneth ................... :big_grin:
man i hope your happy...i just had to poke out my mind's eye...you don't wanna know how...i just did...*twitch* *twitch*

Gonzo

Reaction score
...every review I've read for these figures has raved about how wonderful these are--and several of the freaks I know that I've shown my figures to have gone out and bought some for themselves--even the people who aren't normally impressed by Muppets, action figures, or both.

These are outstanding--I'm glad other people out there are seeing this too, and we're not (just) being rabid fans about them.

Great work, guys.

Quinnnnnn

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Perhaps we now have a little more insight into the origins of Kenneth the Fish!
:big_grin:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hi, Phil!

It's good to see you as well. I must admit I was a little perplexed when my message suddenly "disappeared" from On the Web! LOL! Then I figured out where you must have moved it to. Makes sense.

Great review by Annika. Please tell her so!

Yes, Cinescape does review action figures. In general, they print news and reviews of movies and TV shows that are sci-fi and fantasy-related. Since so many action figures are based on sci-fi franchises (like Star Trek and Spider-Man), it's only natural to review them as well. Still, I was surprised (pleasantly) to see reviews of the Muppet figures on their site. I suppose all the talking animals qualify the Muppets as "fantasy." Hey, no complaints here! They did a news item on MF for September last year, and they did note when it was cancelled. Unfortunately, I notified them when it was rescheduled, but that item was never posted. So as I said, pleasantly surprised that they reviewed it in the first place, and also that the review was so positive.

I'm sorry, I'm babbling, aren't I? :smile: I gotta get me some of those figs and restart my eternal debate: do I open 'em up or leave 'em in the package?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Yeah, casual Fridays are an interesting sight to behold here at Palisades Toys. You've got Mike in his crown, and Ken in the buff... and last week, Keith (Slim) came in dressed as a tree!!

Wow, that is the best review I've read of the figures yet!! And what's even better about it is that it's NOT specifically a toy publication -- which should help to create a positive buzz outside the realm of Muppet fans & toy collectors... That, combined with our esteemed leader's position as the 64th most powerful person in Entertainment, should help to generate some more good press.

Oh, incidentally, Keith was lying. When he was in school. He never got A+. This review is the first A+ he's ever seen. In fact, Keith NEVER LEARNED HOW TO READ...

Travis

grail

Reaction score
wow...the only one of you that doesn't come in here and "talk smack" as slim so eloquently put it, is Mike. the boss. the guy who holds your job in his hands...and this is the reverence you show your beloved leader? just think of the things he could do to you...think Milton in "Office Space"...though frankly, i'd be a little more scared right now if i were Stan Winston...

Slim

Reaction score
Well....Travis is basically our little "Milton" of the company. His "desk" is in the back of the warehouse...and it's not even really a desk. He has a dry erase board and a stack of sticky notes. From time to time we let him come out into the actual office...but he usually doesn't make it out due to the fact that he's fast asleep.

Haha...now what?

grail

Reaction score
you know, i hear Swingline started making red staplers recently...