Parents and divorce and ...

RedDragon

Reaction score
:sympathy: My parents have been divorced ever since I can remember. They did it when I was 5 or 6(a very fragile age), but I turned out just fine. I can tell even now that it is better for them to be apart. Living in a divided home is no way to live at all. You may not see it now, but things will be better this way. And remember:
"The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!"

Hugs to you, you'll get through it. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vibs,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I have not had to go through the pain your feeling right now. Peace to you, and I hope that everything turns out okay. Hugs to you Vibs.:sympathy: :cry: :embarrassed:

Ryan(theprawncracker)

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, Vibs. You are such a special person, and though it will be hard on you, I know you'll eventually come through! Remember we are always here to support you!
*hugs*

Vibs

Reaction score
You guys did it again... I just woke up, turned on the computer and read this and now I'm sniffing again. In a "They are so sweet all of them" -way. Thank you so much. You hear about people getting a divorce all the time, but of course you never expect it to happen in your family. I didn't anyway. But then again I did in a way, I just never thought it really would happen. I'm trying to focus on the good things in life - Because I could be in a lot lot lot more pain. Yesterday I heard the "On the sunny side of the street" and it was so much talking to me. So I'm just gonna walk on the sunny side of the street and think about Tomorrow (Thanks RedDragon). Actually me and my dad may get a dog which wouldn't be that bad at all, hehe. And with you guys around, I can never be all that miserable. :smile:

HPDJ

Reaction score
It'll be OK, dude. My friends parents had a VERY messy divorce a few years back. It'll all be over and you'll be OK by the end of Summer at the latest.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, Vibs, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents divorce. I just found this thread today, otherwise I would've posted sooner. I don't personally know what you're going through, but I think everyone who's posted a response so far has given you some really great advice. Just remember that you're still you and nothing changes that. You're still you and you're still here. I hope that you are feeling better soon and I'm sending tons of virtual hugs and good thoughts your way.

~Beth~

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this Vibs, I know how you feel. My parents divorced when I was 12, however they're still great friends and it wasn't a messy divorce in the least, everything worked out quite well. I wish you the best, things will be alright and work out, just hang in there. *Hugs*

christyb

Reaction score
Vibs!! I'm gonna go cry now. I hate it I wasn't here for you. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and your family. Now if you'll excuse me. *sniff.* I feel bad. Some friend I am. :frown:

Vibs

Reaction score
No Christy don't you feel bad at all! Thank you for praying... I'm a little better now and MC cheers me up, or at least makes me think of something else. I just hope you'll soon come back Christy we miss you a lot. *sniff*

Vibs

Reaction score
Hi....

.... I don't know why I'm typing this actually but I'm feeling down again. And writing things down helps so I guess that's why.

Yesterday I was out eating dinner and watching a movie with my mum and it was really nice, but now I'm home again and I miss her so much. And I've started thinking about all this and the more I think about it the worse it gets. Today I was out celebrating a friend's birthday with her parents and... they just seem so perfect you know? And there I was trying to smile but deep inside I was just being jealous and sad and I know I shouldn't be. My parents are really good parents, and I love them very much. But the facts that they are no longer together and that I may be getting two homes from now on are so ... ARGH!!! I don't even wanna think about it, yet I have to face it! So what do I do? I escape from it, sit down infront of the computer and type. :sympathy: I really should go to bed though it's late. But I'm just really sad right now, and I miss... everything. And when I finally have gotten used to the whole "Hi dad, bye dad, hi mum, bye mum" - thing (((( GggR!!)))) then what if one of my parents (Or even worse BOTH!) will be getting a new one? I just don't think I can bear that. But I don't want them to grow old and grey and lonely either. I feel it's my responsibility. And I know it's not.....
*Looks around me* But my room definatly is my responsibility and it is SUCH a mess... oh what is that? Is that the... THE FLOOR??? ...uh... no it was just a sweater that has been lying there for ages. I need to tidy up, but I'll do that in the morning. I really need to go to bed now and I need to end this post because if I keep writing none of you will ever finish reading this (Or start, the length of the post itself will scare you away.) So I'm gonna stop.

... I really don't hope you people will "remember" me as the miserable dane who only logged on here to tell about her problems. Actually I don't hope you will associate me with problems at all. My attitude is "My life is gonna be wonderful! - OR I'LL MAKE IT!!!" but right now I'm just having a really hard time.

Thank you all for "listening" and hope you're still half awake.

Loads of danishes ~ Vibs.