Parents and divorce and ...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
We don't think of you as a downer, don't worry. :smile: Everyone's gotta get their emotions out, and you just happen to be doing here, surrounded by a group of positive people who are more than happy to listen. Just keep typing when you get upset, or maybe even keep a journal, it will keep your mind at ease.
And perfect? No one is perfect, even if they appear to be. So don't even try to compare!!! Okay? **hugs** It'll get easier.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Vibs: Don't worry. I actually think of you as a happy person most of the time.

As I've said before, give this around two months to settle. Trust me, things will get better than they ever have been. I know it happened to me. I won't give you the whole "it will be better for everyone" speech, because that's not true, at least not for a while. It is a fact that you will be sad for a little while. However, once you settle in to the new situation, everything will become good again. I'm happier now than I was for a while.

And if you ever need a hug, you know we're your support group. Actually...
<<<HUG>>>
-TA

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm continuing to pray for you, Vibs. This is an extremely tough thing to deal with. Like I said, my parents split up when I was 16 so I went through the same thing. But let me encourage you that you have a great and fulfilling life ahead of you. It's been 22 years since my parents have divorced and there have been some other difficult things to deal with, which is inevitable in life, but also so many positives and great blessings. And I can relate also to feeling sad, jealous, and upset when I would be at a friend's house who still had both parents together. But there were also others who had the same situation. The main thing is to try to focus on the blessings and to draw closer with your beloved ones, which will naturally result to a big degree anyway. For instance, the divorce really hit my brother hard because he was only eleven when it happened. And I'm convinced that as a result he and I drew closer and have a very good and solid relationship today. God is in control and can bring good out of bad situations (Genesis 50:20). Hang in there, get as much enjoyment out of the blessing of life that you can (good that you had a nice time at dinner and the movies last night. I did the same thing last night. :smile: ) , and please keep sharing your feelings with your loved ones and friends, and by posting to your friends here at MC.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vibs said:
Hi....

.... I don't know why I'm typing this actually but I'm feeling down again. And writing things down helps so I guess that's why.

... I really don't hope you people will "remember" me as the miserable dane who only logged on here to tell about her problems. Actually I don't hope you will associate me with problems at all. My attitude is "My life is gonna be wonderful! - OR I'LL MAKE IT!!!" but right now I'm just having a really hard time.

Thank you all for "listening" and hope you're still half awake.

Loads of danishes ~ Vibs.
You know what sis? We all come to this place to be a family with people who understand us, so, there is no need to feel bad about shareing your problems. We are more than happy to grab them from you.

But, I know you kind'a well out of everyone here, and I know that attitude, "My life will be great, or I'll make it great" is exactly what you will do. And your life will be great, real great.

I'm praying for you. God is right there with you, feeling every bit as hurt as you are.

Hope thsi helps,
Bea:zany:{Who? Oh! Her, yeah, she's Vibs the one who's always afraid we'll veiw her as sad, when she really is the funniest twin, and funniest twins that I ever had}regard

Vibs

Reaction score
Okay I got it, no need for being afraid people will think of me as sad all the time. :smile: Thanks. I'll give you guys another report later, when I'm feeling miserable again. But right now! I feel good! :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I've never had experience with divorce myself, but I have experienced other obsticles, including death and depression. My advice is to hang on to any bright spots in your day-to-day life, but don't feel guilty about taking a break when your feeling sad iether. Also, I know it sounds cheesey, but time does heal wounds, sometimes it just takes longer than other times. I am sorry to hear that such a horrible thing happened to such a wonderful person, and I half-wish that I had a little more experience, so that I could give better advice. Just keep living your life the best you can, and remember that there are many people who love you, including all of us here.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
After reading all that, I can't believe I used to wish my parents would get divorced. How glad I am now that they didn't! I don't know what to say, other than I pray that God will help you through this awkard time.