Part Puppet... Oscar/Bruno Costume

Gerbert

Reaction score
Coolio. I Just Subscribed. Can You Make Copies Of Your Oscar Puppet And Sell It. If You Did Then That Will Be Awsome. Awsome Work.
- Gerbert.

keithallison

Reaction score
My Oscar honestly looks nothing like the REAL Oscar... and I'd never sell copies, not really my thing. Aside from the Oscar / Bruno, I couldn't see spending time building someone else's design - besides, I'm not really that great at it! I keep trying and improving but I don't think I could make a puppet good enough that anyone would buy.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Very very cool! How do you see when you're in the costume?

At the SS 40th Event, I think I remember Caroll saying that they looked in the storage area where they keep larger retired Muppets just a few years ago to discover the actual Bruno Muppet was severely deteriorated. He said it would cost something insane to rebuild a new and functional one like 10 or 20 thousand dollars!

keithallison

Reaction score
VIC.. I'll try and post a pic later... it's kinda difficult to see out of, there are small holes next to the top of the nose... the tips of the hair blend in with the holes making them seamless -even up close. There are 2 small holes right above the lip / under the nose to help facilitate breathing... doesn't work though! If I had a fan mounted inside to blow through some strategically placed holes, it would be much more comfortable.

Gerbert

Reaction score
Your Puppet Is And EXACT Beutiful Working Puppet. Also With The Eybrw Mechignisom Of Course Someone Would Buy It. By The Way Your Bruno Is Even Beutifiler Then The Costume/Full Bodied Muppet/Puppet/Costume. I Guess Someone Will Buy The Whole Thing! You Have An Talent keithallison. Whatever Price I/Someone Will Buy Anything You Make Any Price. I'm Serious. Maybe Try To See If You Can Improve Your Oscar PatterThat Is If You Use Them By Asking Keeermit ( Jarrod The Master Of Puppets ) For The Pattern He Used For His Oscar. Speaking Of That I'm Thinking OF dESIGNING a sIMPLE pEOPLE lIKE pUPPET aND hE bUILDS iT sENDS iT ETC. yOU kNOW tHE rEST. Sorry For The Caps Lock.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was impressive. Almost how I'd expect him to look if he was on Sesame Street Live. It's great that you figured out a wa to see with the head on. I've often wondered how Caroll Spinney could see while inside Bruno. I wonder if that's how he did see.

Ever since I first read that the puppet wore out and would cost too much to rebuild, I've been a little amazed. I mean, his head is the only part of his body not covered in clothing. Couldn't they just build the head, and then buy some work clothes, and maybe somethign to stuff Bruno's arms with? The same basic thing was said in the tough pigs article about the 40th anniversary event, but I've been wondering this for years before the event. I'd be surprised if Caroll Spinney actually wore an orange Muppet body suit underneath the clothing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A behind-the-scenes photo of Caroll Spinney in part of the Bruno costume was recently posted at Muppet Wiki on the Bruno the Trashman page, and I THINKI saw some holes near his eyebrows in that photo. I'm not sure, but it looks like you may have figured it out (unless of course you already knew) how to see with that mask on.