Passed my road test!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
congrats! I've been practicing driving (permit? who needs a permit?) even though my birthday is in may. I can get my permit at 15 1/2 (MONDAY!) With how much my parents run me around, I'll be glad to be able to lighten their burden of driving me EVERYWHERE (we live far in the country!) and I might be attending a school a couple hours away next year, so I need to be able to drive, although not having the responsibility would be nice!
That is my only reason for wanting to get my liscence as soon as possible. I don't much like driving, but my parents have to drive me around everywhere (and my dad has made it vocal that he doesn't like doing it).

Manda:-D

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
Congrats!

You guys, this post actually made me feel so much better! I'm 17 and still don't have my license. And in my neighborhood, that's just pathetic. It's crazy, like every family here gives their kids a car on their 16th birthday except for mine. Not that I'm complaining, it's just I get so much crap from everyone because I still don't drive yet, especially from my neighbor who thinks she's all that and a bag of chips cause she's a year younger than me and already has a car and license. SO, reading this made me feel like I'm not the oldest person in the world without their license! Thanks! :flirt: *hugs*
That's OK , Tiggie! I'm 18, and don't hsve a license yet. I just got my permit at 17! I'm in no rush to become s licensed driver, but I also don't like making people cart me around everywhere! Alot of my friends laugh at me, though, because I'm 18 & have no car or even license!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
our father's sound a lot alike! but it's quite different living in the city, and living in small town Oklahoma! It's funny that here everyone fails parallel parking, but there's no parallel parking in our town...or the next....or even after that....heck, Oklahoma City only has a couple blocks of it, and that's hours away!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you guys! Yeah i've been taking it slow, am also a person who doesn't care what other people think. I mean no I don't want to be a burden to My parents or even my younger brother who got his license at 18 this past Aug. But i wouldn't care what other people though, I wouldn't feel intimadated or anything. My mom doesn't want me to drive if i don't feel ready yet. That doesn't mean she doesn't want me to practice, but i'm not going to take the car at 11:30 at night and drive around amlessy, there's no point!

I feel there are WAY to many cars on the road, which is true, everybody says it anyways. I also saved money by waiting untill i was 20, just think of all the wasted gas money i would have spent at 16 year old!

I got to take driving classes all summer long which helped me a lot and right now i'm really just using the car to go to school and work. I'm just takeing my time, no need to rush. Driving isn't everything, some people say it is, sure you do get to places faster/warmer/farther But i'm still going to ride my bike in the nice weather, There would be no point in going to the park by drving unless I was having a big picnic with friends there and we needed to take a lot of stuff. But besides that it's only a 15 min bike ride there. I hope I don't get lazy with a car, I just think the whole car world is crazy/expencive/dangerouis and bad for the environment.

jediX

Reaction score
Just don't get full of yourself...that was my flaw when I started.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I'll be 21 in January and still haven't bothered to get my license yet, and am in no hurry to do so. Also my friend is 17 and doesn't have his either... :big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I AM 21 and haven't put much effort into getting a license.

:sleep: