Penguins?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
about as exciting to the casual fan as three lobster banditos though ! :rolleyes:

Good job nobody told Palisades that there are about 30 hardcore Muppet fans in the world and we all just wear fake beards and glasses to make it seem a few more ! :stick_out_tongue:
Um, so what's your point? I dont know about you, but Ive been waiting over 20 fricking years for new Muppet figures. The casual fan can suck it...theyre not ponying up anyways...heck the whole line could be Kermits, does that mean a lot are gonna start buying? Sluggish economy, etc yada yada. This is for the fans.

Thank goodness Palisades has the cajones to make figures *OTHER* than Kermit, Animal, and Piggy!

Lobsters, chickens, penguins, robots, talking vegetables...bring it on! Ive been waiting all my life for these! hehe

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
:smile: Well said Beaker! I agree that this is FOR the fans! And, where would the Muppet Show be without penguins, chickens, rats, dogs, vegetables, fruits, talking appliances, etc??

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um, so what's your point? I dont know about you, but Ive been waiting over 20 fricking years for new Muppet figures. The casual fan can suck it...theyre not ponying up anyways...
I'd think probably in the great scheme of things they're probably ponying up a lot more than the hardcore fans. Places like TRU or Suncoast don't just sell to the hardcore Muppet fans y'know and they order in larger quantities than actionfiguresrus.com - these things really need to shift at retail to keep the line afloat and make Palisades able to make more cool figures. The basic idea is to make each figure a stand-a-lone sculpt, something that is attractive or funky enough for the casual buyer or magazine reader to want even if they're not a massive fan of The Muppet Show or don't remember the sculpt. Thats why Dr Teeth was so popular with his multi-colors and keyboard, Vacation Fozzie was popular with his floatie and hawian shirt, and regular Chef will probably be really popular because the kitchen will have wider appeal.

My point is that Koozebanians aren't going to turn on the larger quantity of buyers, Reporter Kermit will. As for the Lobster Banditos and too-messed up Chef - well i don't see many casual fans remembering that skit (i only have a cloudy memory of it) and the too-messed up Chef figure isn't attractive as a stand alone sculpt so not much hope there. It's good that they do these little nods to the real hardcore fans, but maybe they'd be better making the nods that also have mass appeal too. So basically i'm saying it's good that they make some things FOR the fans but at the same time, if we were to say 'suck it' to those casual mall buyers i think we'd be waving bye bye to any possible pack in penguins,chickens and other fan favorites ! :eek:

beaker

Reaction score
My point is that Koozebanians aren't going to turn on the larger quantity of buyers, Reporter Kermit will. As for the Lobster Banditos and too-messed up Chef - well i don't see many casual fans remembering that skit
Well the messed up chef/lobster 4 pack is explicitly for the hardcore fans/collectors. I am astounded tho Palisades has gone to great lengths to appease even the most hardcore of fans. I realize this isnt the freaking Simpsons line where they have the authority to make super ultra obscure characters and expect em to sell. Reporter Kermit will sell I would think, as well its Reporter Kermit...and fans of Sesame Street know whats up when, well lets not kid ourselfs, its Sesame Kermit:wink: Its truly a dream coem true for 1) Palisades to be making a dream line like this, and continues to shock us with all these character packins and surprises and new sculpts. and 2) Has for the last 1.5 + years had an extrordinary input process with fans.

"Hey, what about that obscure only appeared inone sketch MAMMA robot?" Palisades: "Sure thing!" Ya gotta love it!

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
I'd just like to say that I think Palisades has done an excellent job of choosing their exclusives - with the possible exception of EB Piggy, but we all know that Barbie story now.

I'm not a member of the CC and while in my weaker moments I've wished that I was, I've never felt cheated by not getting the show-exclusives, or whatnot. The more interesting exclusives have thusfar been at rather major chains so they haven't been a big problem, and the repaints and whatnot have definitely been geared towards the more avid collectors and have availability geared that way.

The only thing I'd really want would be the most exclusive of all exclusives - Ken's wedding set. :wink:

- Derek

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Oh, and I would kill for gratuitous Penguins... even if they were an exclusive at the Royals-only Ukrainian Toy Fair...

- Derek

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hat Sharpener
Oh, and I would kill for gratuitous Penguins...
Yeah and lets hope Ken would label it a 'Gratuitous Penguin' too because i could probably go for trademark on that and make a killing out of Palisades ! Bwah ha ah ! :stick_out_tongue:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
about as exciting to the casual fan as three lobster banditos though ! :rolleyes:

Good job nobody told Palisades that there are about 30 hardcore Muppet fans in the world and we all just wear fake beards and glasses to make it seem a few more ! :stick_out_tongue:
Luke, I'm going to repeat Gonzo:

Don't you dare get my Koozebane Kermit unmade, or I'll come to London and beat you up!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

(or maybe I'll just have to eat you up)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
(or maybe I'll just have to eat you up)
As enticing as that would be Dave, i think it's a little late to get the Koozebanians 'unmade' and in actual fact, they look pretty good don''t they ? I kinda underestimated them ! :wink: