Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uncanny Valley runs too deep with these puppets. There's a puppet they somehow lump in with the kid puppets that's an ugly bald man with narrow eyes (possibly crow's feet) and a huge, elderly person nose. And they didn't even attempt caricature like Spitting Image (or the Krofft Brother's DC Follies thing that was the US equivalent), and they aren't stylized enough like the Gelflings in Dark Crystal. They come off just, really...really ugly. And I agree... those big clumsy fat bodies and awkward arms... they might as well use socks. Probably look better.

I did a YTP of them some time back... I cannot stand to watch any more of it. Now I know why, ironically, there are so few YTP's that use them other than Ersatz Ernie's M song. Just piling through these segments in order to find funny stuff to be taken out of context is grueling! I'm only sort of happy with the end result (I liked my Letter People one better... at least that's a far more pleasant show), mainly because I just wanted it done and I couldn't find any real humor in any of the skits because they were THAT bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was actually rewatching your old Letter People Poop the other day, but I didn't think your Peppermint Park one was that bad... I actually stole from it a little for that BLUUUUUUE Poop I did a couple of months ago. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not so much that as I wanted to do more with it. Add in more skits... but I just COULDN'T take watching any more of those segments. They were hurting my brain. Of course, for the most part, I'm usually sort of satisfied with my stuff. The only ones I'm really proud of are the Recess/Pac-Man one, the Mr. Men Show one (the 90's series, that is), and the Berenstain Bears Honeymoon one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Darnit, stupid pig. First you steal Kermit's voice, then you steal his lectures?!
I would like to point out how dumb it is for him to state they talked about "red" earlier, as in the segment right before that one.

Also

Is that intro supposed to not have a punchline? Or was that it? I'll give the other "sketchs" credit for actually having an ending, but that bit kinda...ends.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Two things were unusually weird:

1. The Sam puppet's voice sounds like a bad imitation of Frank Oz

2. The purple puppet Sam used a bad "Blue J" pun to trick a kid out of a quarter....
Afternote: I just realized my earlier mix-up: that Sam was the boy, not the purple puppet...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really should point out, as I had to see this like 3 or 4 times to make said YTP, I absolutely love how that girl puppet says "I hope we can all understand Four" and holds up FIVE fingers.

And somehow, the way she says it reminds me of the time the Simpsons moved to the Globex Company's gated community and Bart get sent to remedial classes. You know, when the teacher says something like Take out your circles of paper, I hope we can finally finish our lesson of the letter A.

Just...wow.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Where can you even find this? It's so obscure, there's no results on GOOGLE. Bargain bins probably won't have these anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, consider this was a direct-to-video series from the 1980s, and even then, they didn't sell very well, so YT's probably your only best bet to even find any footage from this series at all.