Pet Peeves

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Laundry doesn't bother me too much, but my back gets sore after sweeping for a while, which is why I'm seriously considering investing in one of those elephant brooms - that way, I don't have to make so much sweeping motions with my body in a sideways position.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not too big on laundry honestly, but hey, at least you can clean the lint sieve, which for some reason I love doing. :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER
Fair enough.The title "football" does make a lot more sense than soccer, y'know... 'cause they kick the ball with their feet :stick_out_tongue:. Not sure why American football has that name, also not sure where soccer got it's name either.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Fair enough.The title "football" does make a lot more sense than soccer, y'know... 'cause they kick the ball with their feet :stick_out_tongue:. Not sure why American football has that name, also not sure where soccer got it's name either.
The word "Soccer" originated in the UK as a shortened form of "Association football". Also, Australians and New Zealanders widely use "soccer" to differentiate itself from "Australian Rules Football", which they simple call "football" or "footy". Though with major federations there adopting "football", that may eventually change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_association_football

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that some guys were playing football / soccer, and suddenly everything degenerated into madness and chases flew as hands were used and tackling and stuff happened. And that's how American football began.

But don't quote me on that. :stick_out_tongue: