Pet Peeves

jediX

Reaction score
Get Mozilla's Firefox browser and you'll never see a pop up again. ^_^ You can even kill out ads, too.

Complaining is fun, so here's a bit more...

-Ok, seriously, one time when I ordered a sandwich and some fries at a restaurant, they asked me if I wanted FRIES WITH IT!!!

-I also hate it when you go to the pool and cannot get a lap swimmng lane.

-Any kind of one-sided political discussion, especially on here when it becomes a flame war.

-When your lip is chapped and splits down the middle.

-Whenever I have my guitar in a case in a public area and people ask me to play 'Stairway'

-Being downwind of a smoker. Ugh.

-I do tech help for lots of people, and nothing bugs me more than when somebody's problem is becuase they DIDN'T PLUG IT IN.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
When you answer the phone and it's a wrong number. I get people who when you say 'hello', they'll just listen and not say anything for this long pause and then, all of a sudden, you hear them hang up. No apology or anything.

When I used to work for a retail store and see customers who would accidently drop clothes off the hangers and then, rather than bend down and pick it up, purposely kick said clothes under the rack. Annoying! Especially for workers like myself who stayed an hour after store's close every night to straighten up and whatnot.

Telemarketers. Understandably, it's their way of making a living but when you take your name off the call list - and they don't and keep calling...

Rude people. 'nuff said.

People who blast their car stereos so loud that you can hear and feel the windows and floors pulse with each beat.

Last but not least, pop-up SPAM. Ever be typing something important up on the computer while you have an internet browser running and then suddenly get bombarded by a million pop-ups - small ones, large ones, some that literally take up the entire screen?[/QUOTE]

Highly agree with all of these,especially the last one on SPAM. Ok,9.0 AOL has a block for that,and mine is turned on.Why am I still seeing ads popping up? Makes no sense.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
jediX said:
-When your lip is chapped and splits down the middle.
I hear ya. I have the worst chapped lips evar.

And I hate it when I bite my lip (rully bad habit of mine) until it gets swollen.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
How about this.There's some contest in Florida that has been calling my house for the last 2 years,saying I'm a millionare.Ok,if it's so dagone important & if I have actually won the million bucks,why haven't these people just come to my house and presented me with the money(like it Randhouse Sweepstakes,and no this isn't them).I have caller id also now have them on call block,****.

People who think they can sing and are completely tone deaf.

Overpriced tickets.Come on,over $50 for anything:ballgames,stage shows,concerts.Then they want over $20 for the merchandise.So ergo,you've spent over $100 for an event.Then you ask,was it worth all the money I've spent?Hmmmm.....

Price of books these days.I remember when books were under $4.99.Now on average they're $7.99 and up.I don't understand it.LOL

Why do some stores have the same exact merchandise overpriced? I can buy the same item(dvd,cd) in a bargain store.Go figure.LOL

Over-makeuped,under-dressed people that look phony.

John Edwards.He uses a earpiece and researches his 'clients'.Most of the time he's wrong.Enough said.

jediX

Reaction score
heralirambar said:
I hear ya. I have the worst chapped lips evar.
Yeah, I do too. No amount of blistex or carmex works on em'. It sucks.

I hate it when relatives invite themselves to your house overnight. Ugh. My dads cousin and his wife (that my Mom and I don't really like) just invited themselves to stay at our house! What a joke!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jediX said:
-Ok, seriously, one time when I ordered a sandwich and some fries at a restaurant, they asked me if I wanted FRIES WITH IT!!!
I've done the equivalent. :embarrassed: I'm supposed to ask people if they want bookmarks or gift cards, and if they have one already have the time I usually ask anyway because my brain doesn't work that fast. :stick_out_tongue: "Stairway to Heaven" is a bit of a street musician cliche, isn't it? But it's such a gorgeous song... :flirt:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
So if someone buys a giftcard, are you supposed to ask them if they would like another? ^_~

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watched a news segment on giftcards once.Ok,if the person receiving the giftcard doesn't realize or understand that there is a time limit on the card;what would be the point giving it as a gift to begin with.Not everyone shops as soon as they are given certificates or giftcards & most of us just put them somewhere to use them later on.Of course,they usually have expired once we decide to use them. Go figure.

Ok,super-sizing food.Bad enough the small fast-food items have enough sodium & calories(usually either because they are deep-fried,or like French fries have salt poured on them).Not only should we pay with pocket for super-sizing,but we pay with our health(most restaurants don't post calorie,sodium,etc... contents of their food).

Over-hyping movies.We all know it takes a great amount of time & money to make movies to begin with.Usually the most-hyped movies are the ones that aren't worth spending $8.00 on.I usually wait to rent movies these days. :smirk:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
One nice thing about our gift cards is they don't expire. I hate it when gift cards do. That's just unfair. I guess somebody can always buy another gift card, but it's rare enough that they want to buy one. I feel really dumb when I ask and they've got one already.
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Oh my gosh,here's a good pet peeve.People who still(even as an adult),can't chew their food with their mouth closed & moreover,refuse to use a napkin when they eat.Enough said.

Those who can't remember to rewind a video tape,lol.I don't get it.In order to watch it from the beginning(the next time),wouldn't be easier if it was already rewound.Then the person is like,'Oh,it's not rewound.I'll just watch something else.' Lazzzzy.LOL.

Restaurants that serve old food.Duh! We know it's old. Like for example,I ordered a pizza a few weeks ago.The dough was flat,undercooked,chewy.Ok,I've worked in a bakery,I know dough that is old.Just count it as bad inventory and serve us fresh,lol,ok? LOL

People who go to the movies & can't make up their mind(that I'll just go see what's playing mentality).It's so frustrating standing in line(or any line for that matter)and going thru their routine.'Has the movie started yet?No,it's still in previews.Oh,well when is the next showing?')On and on.I worked for a movie theater,not fun when you have customers that put you thru the wringer.Oh,I love the questions,'Have you seen such and such movie? Did you like it? Was it as good as yada yada?' Grr.... Get your act together,do your homework before you come to the movies,please? ****:big_grin: