Pet Peeves

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Grrrrr... I really don't understand what these corporate people are thinking. They make these policies for all the salespeople to follow, claiming that "survey results" indicate that this approach equals more sales as well as happier customers. Puh-lease. I know when I walk into a store I don't want to be approached, so I'm not crazy about approaching people and giving them this whole speil knowing they don't want to hear it... :rolleyes: And of course it's always the lowly workers like me who get grief about it, even though we don't make the rules and are just doing what we're told we have to do.
Erin
I agree Erin.Like,when I worked for a movie theater(in the box office & concession stand),we had to say 'Welcome to Loews,would you like to try out super combo?' Man,that made me feel so stupid to say that,knowing that it ticks the customer off.I just said it when the manager was around me. :stick_out_tongue:

ceecee

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Another big peeve: People (usually guys who work at the mall) who come over to my kiosk when it's not busy and tell me I look bored or that I should smile. When there's nothing going on, I have a non-expression on my face. I'm usually thinking about things while there's nothing going on, so maybe a thoughtful expression. It's not like I'm sitting there glowering at the world! I'm not gonna stand there with a plastic smile on my face for four straight hours!! Grrrr...
Erin
I agree with you there. Or when people say "you look tired," especially when I feel perfectly fine!

Here are some more of my pet peeves:

#1: People who pass you on the right as you're making a left turn on a 2 lane highway. It's illegal and DANGEROUS!

#2: People who talk on cell phones in stores, and then are oblivious to everything around them, including the clerk trying to ring them up.

#3: Throwing cigarette butts out the car window.

#4: Crowded aisles at the grocery store.

#5: Assumptions. Whenever I tell people that I'm an only child, they almost always say, "I bet you were spoiled."

#6: Not putting the grocery cart in the cart corral.

OK, that's enough for now.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Blinking lights, or anything blinking, like when on IM, and someone talks to you, and you dont click it for a while it blinks and blinks...... or when some one calls and leaves a message, theres that evil red light that blinks, and blink............. IM GOING TO GO CRAZY! :crazy::boo:

OR computers that are dieing, ones that you get so mad at that you make death threats against like trwoning it down the stairs or off a cliff, then it just seems to get even more mad and tryi to do even more evil things and have pop ups and stuf that tells you that there is something wrong with it, but theres not. Like it says too many programs are open, when nothing is open........ ARG! (#@$&(@&&*^$*#%*$@~!!!!! :mad: :attitude: :attitude:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Letting children cry or throw tantrums in public places,and then the parent(guardian)scolds & yells at them.

When I worked for a department store,they would(the management or customers)on purpose take merchandise and randomly put the items(onto/into shelves),where the item wouldn't belong.Clothing in the hardware isles,etc...Then every night all of us would have to spend/waste our time putting everything in the right sections.After awhile,I just quit.Such nonsense.

I always go to a certain popular hair shop.I tell them,'Just take an inch off.' Ok,fine.They start taking the first inch off.Then they continue to cut,to make it look even,eventually taking 2 inches off. I've nicknamed them 'The Hair Butchery'.

People who turn around to talk to their kids in the back seat,instead of paying attention to their driving,or the road.

Dentists or doctors,omg,just give IBprofen tablets for everything that's wrong.Ok,I could have save the $200 & bought IB tablets at the food store for less than $5.00.<shaking head>

Police driving behind drivers in traffic,just letting other's speed by.Hey,aren't all policemen supposed to be on duty,especially while in their vehicles(at least the majority of the time).I just don't understand it.

People with smoker's breath.Ok,can they do something to themselves,before they talk to people.(Pocket mouth wash strips,Altoids,something.)

Beth C

Reaction score
My number one pet peeve is PEOPLE WHO GO SHOPPING WITHOUT THEIR CREDIT CARD in stores like Macy's, Bloomingdales, and such.

Yes, I work for the credit card company. :grouchy: Yes, we can look up your account, but did you ever stop to think there are 50 OTHER people in the same store that had the same idea as you that the account could be looked up with a drivers license? It would save a LOT of time and trouble if you just brought the darn thing with you. You knew you were going to the store and it's not like you are some famous celebrity, dang it!! :rolleyes:

Just bring your card, and leave us Customer Service people to handle the real problems with the accounts, (late charges, address changes, guideline increases) and stop making us waste time LOOKING YOU UP for nothing!!!

If you don't have your card - why not? Lost cards should be reported right away!! Order another card then!!

:mad:

(Can you tell what I was doing today at work??)

~Beth C

jediX

Reaction score
I hate miller moths. Argh. 10 (yes, 10) of those stupid things flew into my halogen light last night, and the aftermath wasn't at all pleasant. That's one species that I hope goes extinct. Ugh. lol

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I work in the Tuition and Fees office of a university, and my pet peeve is when students will mail in a check to pay off an account, and don't indicate whose account it's for. Either the last names will have changed, or the spouse actually wrote the check.

I also hate it when women wear thongs with really low pants. Then when they sit down you can actually see the string. I think it would be funny to cut it.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
How about this one Beth,I'm sure you've had this one too.I worked for a Dept.store(chain is now closed).People would come in & try to use their credit cards and: either the card was maxed out,the strip wouldn't work(for some reason rubbing it helps),the customer never has their ID with them,the card(s) is expired,etc.... Holds up the whole line! That used to make me so mad.Or they tried to write checks,with no ID or argue that their info. was already on the check,why do we need to see ID. I give up LOL.

People who still blare(especially the bass) their car stereo.What's the point?Not everybody needs to know what is playing in your car?Meanwhile,their car stereos are being damaged for excessive sound.Go figure.

Oh man,another humongeous peeve I have.What is with all of those commercials in front of movies these days? So,not only do we have to sit through the movie company ads,we have trailers,ads for the military,ads for food,buying movie tickets<whew> By the time the movie does finally come on,10-15 minutes has already passed.What the hey? Isn't it bad enough that most movies are over 2 hours? LOLOLOLOL :stick_out_tongue:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
My pet peeves:

[x] For one of my side jobs on the weekends, I work as a secretary for an upholstery shop called Elegant Upholstery. What I hate with a passion is when I answer the phone, "Hello & thanks for calling Elegant Upholstery. How may I help you?" and I get: "Is this Elegant Upholstery?" It drives me nuts, especially when after I confirm "Yes, it is" they then ask if it's an upholstery shop. -_-; It isn't just a handful of people who do that either.

[x] When you answer the phone and it's a wrong number. I get people who when you say 'hello', they'll just listen and not say anything for this long pause and then, all of a sudden, you hear them hang up. No apology or anything.

[x] When I used to work for a retail store and see customers who would accidently drop clothes off the hangers and then, rather than bend down and pick it up, purposely kick said clothes under the rack. Annoying! Especially for workers like myself who stayed an hour after store's close every night to straighten up and whatnot.

[x] Telemarketers. Understandably, it's their way of making a living but when you have told them politely about a dozen times to please take your name off the call list - and they don't and keep calling...

[x] Rude people. 'nuff said.

[x] People who blast their car stereos so loud that you can hear and feel the windows and floors pulse with each beat. Graah. x.x

[x] Last but not least, pop-up SPAM. Ever be typing something important up on the computer while you have an internet browser running and then suddenly get bombarded by a million pop-ups - small ones, large ones, some that literally take up the entire screen?