Pet Peeves

Beebers

Reaction score
Right, right, the list just goes on ad infinitum.

:frown: :grouchy: :frown:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
my nerves start going just reading this thread! how dare people do this stuff

*goes and rants in a corner*

Beebers

Reaction score
Can you imagine if they held a Miss White America??? Oh, they'd never allow it!!! How about just dropping all the nonsense and just doing . . . Miss America, duh. Better yet, no Miss Anything, those pageants are idiotic.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
GARRR Pageants ANOTHER one of my pet peeves! Our school holds the county pageant, and what's bad, the school watches it...what's even worse, THEY MAKE US PAY TO SEE IT! I would rather do ANYTHING than watch a pageant!

Beebers

Reaction score
*adds paying to see school pageants to the Stupid List*

Where does the money go? I'd contract a handy case of botulism that day rather than do that.

:grouchy:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
to the *ack* cheerleaders.

note: I admire cheerleading as a sport, but what's attempted at our school is NOT I repeat NOT resembling anything such as cheerleading, other than the skirts are WAAAY short

Beebers

Reaction score
Oh, cheerleaders are all about sex not sport. Well, sport as sex. Something like that. I'm getting very very punchy, it's 1 a.m. and I've been wandering the streets for hours now. Soon the Knight Bus will be along.
Anyway. That's a waste of your pocket money. Those chicks should be out washing cars and having bake sales if they want money. I'm serious. That's what we all did. Gawd. You have my sympathy.

:grouchy:

Whatever

Reaction score
I HATE cheerleaders, they are the snobs of snobs, and I went to a school with more than average snobs. They are downright mean, brainless, haughty, and sex obsessed. We had THREE cheerleading teams. I was friendly with one, though. She gave me "Memoirs of a Geisha" for Christmas, a brand new book which must've cost $16, which made me feel bad because I just gave her homemade cookies, same as for everyone else. :sympathy:

Beebers

Reaction score
Hey, don't underestimate the gift of homemade cookies. Zee best. People really appreciate them. Even vacuous cheerleaders.

Take heart; you're all too young to have seen this syndrome but you will, it's universal, happened with my school and happens with all high schools and colleges.

About, oh, 15 years after school it starts, The Great Morphication. All the nerds, dorks and general misfits look fabulous, are happy and accomplished and did I mention look fabulous? All the "in" kids, the cheerleaders, et al, look AWFUL and are miserable.

It happens every time. This is why people go to reunions, it's wonderful quiet dork revenge. Just don't go to the early reunions, they still look presentable and still have some attitude. Go to year 15 or better yet 20.

I never happened to fit either category, I was with zee happyhippie kids, we were Cool. And all the misfits were allowed to hang with us if they wanted. We did not allow cheerleaders because they were not nice to anyone, nor the sports jocks because they were constantly drunk and not nice to anyone. And we happyhippie kids, we look just the same. Not better, not worse, the same. We are Stopped in Time, apparently.

The high school/college years do not, repeat do not in any way reflect who we actually are or will be, the social surroundings are just too artificial and ridiculous, especially in high school, they make it so bloody hard to just be yourself.

:cool:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
That's a lot of generalizations in these last few posts. First, "all" is generally a bad choice of words when describing people. There are plenty of "nerds" who don't become successful and plenty of "popular" kids who do. The opposite is true too. I do agree that one's social standing in high school becomes less relevant afterwards.

Cheerleaders, like any other group of people, shouldn't really be stereotyped. In my high school, the cheerleaders weren't popular--not at all. They also weren't interested in just sex. I'm not saying there aren't nasty ones out there, but there are mean people in pretty much any group.