Petition to Bring The Muppet Show to TVLand?

armslength

Reaction score
I think TVLand may be more Muppet friendly than you might think - the Muppets were a pretty big part of the TVLand Awards last year (or was that the year before?) I think that was a signal that TVLand itself considers the Muppet Show a great fit with its programming. Whether they could air it or not just depends on if they were able to work out a mutually beneficial deal with Disney (and Disney probably doesn't want to have The Muppet Show airing on any network - Disney-owned or not right now so as to not dilute the sales of the season box sets)

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I mean, it's Viacom and Disney (at least as far as I know) doesn't have a working realationship.
Viacom owns TVLAND and Comedy Central... Comedy Central airs Scrubs, and TV land is going to start too. And Scrubs is owned by Disney/Touchstone/ABC films. I don't see how that's very different. I mean, Hallmark releases Disney ornaments and cards, but American Greetings (the rival company) made the Muppet Ornaments the last 2 years, and they still have cards.
I think they've since lost the license (though I still see cards, occassionally). But I believe that makes my point. While it is owned by Diz, sometimes they run it at something sepperat anyway.

I think TVLand may be more Muppet friendly than you might think - the Muppets were a pretty big part of the TVLand Awards last year (or was that the year before?) I think that was a signal that TVLand itself considers the Muppet Show a great fit with its programming. Whether they could air it or not just depends on if they were able to work out a mutually beneficial deal with Disney (and Disney probably doesn't want to have The Muppet Show airing on any network - Disney-owned or not right now so as to not dilute the sales of the season box sets
That could be it, and I was going to state it before. Disney isn't letting Marvel release any of Saban's Marvel cartoons on DVD for the opposite reason. They feel it will cut into the ratings.