Photo of The Original Telly Monster!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm digging the Mister Rogers and Mary Tyler Moore reference myself. Ha ha- awesome.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm reminded of an episode from Season 30 (I believe) where Telly mentions to Gina how his hamster, Chucky Sue, likes to watch Mister Rogers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But 40 Years of Sunny Days will have Telly's first appearance!
I JUST read that and I am SOOOO happy about it. Whether it will be the entire episode edited down just to see his character, or if it's just a brief segment, I just can't wait to see his original form. I waited soooooooo long for it, too.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I remember that episode as a kid. Telly first rushed into Hooper's store asking Mr. Hooper to plug something in for him, then Telly ran off. Mr. Hooper and David followed the cord and found Telly sitting on the outside table watching TV, he went, "Shhh! I'm glued!" And then introduced himself as Telly Monster. David and Mr. Hooper went, "TELLY MONSTER?"
Good memory Xerus, that's exactly how I recall it as well. I don't recall the other sequences, but they sound cool and very much in line with the scene. One other moment I remember was David asking Telly if he wanted to play some baseball, and Telly answering, "Sure, what channel is it on?" :smile:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yeah. It would be nice to hear the original voice. Someone had mentioned that it was different than the Brian Muehl's regular Telly and according to that article, it wasn't Brian, but it was Bob Payne. Too bad the photo didn't come with a sound clip. Lol.
As I recall, his voice sounded like Beauregard from "The Muppet Show."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I recall, his voice sounded like Beauregard from "The Muppet Show."
Kind of like Brian Meehl's Telly... he kind of sounded like Beauregard, but with a bit of a sore throat, lol.

It's interesting to not only see how characters evolve over the years, but also to hear how their voices change as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me that it's a good thing he changed. Something about his appearance screams one note joke that would tire easily.

I still gotta see this when I get the 40th set.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know... look at all the other characters with limit interests... Count... Bert... Cookie Monster... etc.