1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Photo Replica Speculation - Coming next?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Beauregard, Dec 26, 2006.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I keep my posed Kermit covered by his throw-cloth (like a birdcage) when I leave the apartment. ;)
  2. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Okay... here's a real tease!

Travis mentioned who he'd like to make for 2009, but this hasn't been approved by anyone yet, so unless he tells me I can tell you...

I know something I won't tell, I won't tell, I won't tell... ;)

:p
  3. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm guessing Scooter....cuz of the little smiley. I don't know if it's just coincidence that he happens to be the winky one or if you're playing games with my heart my heart. I should've known from the start that my heart....sorry. Backstreet Boy moment there.
  4. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I'm kinda annoyed that we know the full line-up for 2008 already - we're only just half-way through '07, and it would have been nice to have a couple of them unknown...especially since I'm not the most patient of people, and knowing that I have to wait at least 6 months before I can even order Fozzie is sending me nuts.
  5. Telly

Telly Active Member

One of my favorite things that I miss about the Palisades action figures was finding out who was in the next line or two. Hyping myself for the new figures was half the fun!
  6. We still aren't exactly sure that Gonzo will definitely follow Animal so I don't think we need to worry about 2008 just yet. So, the proposed order is: Kermit (2006), Animal (2007), Gonzo (2007), Fozzie (2008), Piggy (2008), Rizzo (2008)...
  7. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm with others....if Gonzo's nose is being a poo-poo head....just put him have somebody go in front of him.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm wondering if it would be best (if they make it to a third and/or fourth year) if they made a Bunsen & Beaker double-set? It would probably need to be priced over $600 (being conservative there too).

I know Beaker would be a big seller on his own and doesn't really need Bunsen (as product), but as a fan, I would prefer to have the set of both and don't see Bunsen being released by himself. I have been and could be wrong about that.

It would also re-open the Statler & Waldorf question.

However, I hope any "year three" line-up would include Scooter, Rowlf and Pepe (in that order). ;)
  9. Telly

Telly Active Member

I was thinking about how they could fix Gonzo's nose problem this morning while getting ready for work. That's how cool I am! Anyway...I remember have this (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Fisherpricegonzodressup.jpg) when I was a kid. As I grew older and became "too cool" for the Muppets (thank God that stage is over in my life!) I dissected him. From what I remember, his nose was made from plastic and had what seemed to be sock-like material around.
    What if they made the plastic mold for his nose and then just used some sorty of material to cover it and then airbrushed it?
    But then again....I dunno what I'm talking about. :crazy:
  10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

After reading your last 2 replies, Telly, I have to ask-Have you been drinking?LOL Gonzo's nose being a poo poo! And a link to a FP Gonzo doll that was plush, not plastic.Anyway,they did put Gonzo aside and went with Animal.As for a plastic nose,yes it does have merit and apparently they are looking at some sort of mould injection.
  11. Telly

Telly Active Member

Moi? Drink? I haven't drank since Tuesday! It's now 2am Saturday, August 4th! I will break my non-drinking streak tonight!

Nah! I knew that was a link to a plush. That was the plush I had and was just wondering if they could use some sort of plastic mold like that for the nose. So yeah. Just ignore me! :p
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I am wondering, as an artist I have worked with balsa foam and yellow foam. Now, these are very different materials than the Muppety foam that are used for puppets, but do have some of the same deterioration issues. Once carved and painted, the foam is coated and sealed. Could that be the answer? And how many people who buy Gonzo are really going to want to fiddle with a bendable nose? If it looks right out of his box I'm leaving it alone. Poor blue guy is sensitive about the beak anyway.:concern:
  13. Telly

Telly Active Member

No doubt, Frogboy! I ain't touchin the weirdo's nose! Leaving it "as is"!
  14. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

If this line stays strong after Animal, Gonzo and the rest, I would love to e know who is for 2009. Did he say how many photo puppets we are getting for 2009 Ernie? I know that we got one last year. Two this year so far. Three next year, and how many for the following year? I am sure you can tell us that much right? Also, I hope Scooter is for next year. (Keeping fingers crossed!). ;)
  15. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I'd love to see Rowlf, Scooter & Pepe in 2009 though I really want to see Dr. Teeth, Floyd or Zoot but I can see us going through others before getting to them. Sam the Eagle, Bunsen, Beaker & The Swedish Chef are others i'd like to see and I wouldn't mind Johnny & Sal.

For some reason I'm not excited about a Statler & Waldorf replica, I love the characters but for some reason they don't appeal to me when it comes to replicas. I wish they'd release 3 Normal Replicas a year plus a Small character.

Since i'm at it, this would be what i'd like to see

2009- Rowlf, Scooter, Sam the Eagle & Pepe

2010- Bunsen, Beaker, Swedish Chef & Camilla

2011 - Janice, Floyd, Zoot & Robin

2012- Dr. Teeth, Johnny Fiama, Sal & Muppet Penguin

Though I'm sure 4 per year would be a bit to much and many people would rather have Statler & Waldorf in place of Johnny Fiama & Sal on my list but for some reason I'm really likeing the idea of a Johnny Fiama & Sal replica, though obviously the classic characters come first.

:attitude: :sympathy: ;)
  16. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I really doubt that we are getting four a year. I will be happy with just the four that we suppose to be getting sometime soon. If we got more than three a year, that would hard on my money to get them. Just give me Animal, Gonzo, Piggy, and Fozzie and I am happy. If there is any others after that, I will be happy too! ;)
  17. Telly

Telly Active Member

I like the idea of Johnny Fiama and Sal too!
  18. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

Don't know if anyone has seen these pics from comic con. I guess these are prototypes for the Gonzo and Fozzie replicas. I think Gonzo needs a lot of work, but I think Fozzie looks amazing! I must have Fozzie if he looks that good.

http://sdcc.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=760
  19. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Well, remember, this is just Travis' wish list, as we all have our own. I wouldn't put any stock in it yet. As I said, he was just conjecturing, but if it came to pass, it would be four characters for 2009.

:p
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The band would be cool! I still think Scooter and Rowlf should have come before Rizzo, but I completely understand the decision. (Note the lack of Rizzo smiley to the right. Hmmmm. He he.)

I still am amazed Master Replicas is making a Fozzie that big! Not in my wildest dreams. Man, oh man! Happy frogboy here!

You know, I was thinking and...well. I'd like to see a Beauregard poser. I know he's likely not popular enough, but I like him. :o