Piggy's worst performance?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I have to disagree. As amazing as Richard was, his Piggy sounds nothing like Frank's. But that's understandable, as Piggy was still in development then. In fact, she was more of a minor character. Certainly by the second half of season 1, they were starting to figure her out.
Hmm...I remember him sounding a lot like Frank's Piggy. :confused: I'll have to watch one tonight to see for myself.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I forget which Veterinarian's Hospital sketch this was (one of the later ones), but instead of laughing hysterically at the jokes like she usually did, Piggy just stood there making this "hoo, hoo, hoo" sound. I found that kind of odd.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmm...I remember him sounding a lot like Frank's Piggy. :confused: I'll have to watch one tonight to see for myself.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but to me the voice sounds completely different, which as somebody mentioned the character was still in development back then. Alternatively, you may be forgetting that Frank shared the role with Richard in season 1, so a lot of times it really was Frank voicing her.

Anyway, ruling out season 1 episodes, I'd say the worst would be anytime she has a temper tantrum, not only with the Linda Rondstadt episode, but her anger after Kermit tried to get away from the wedding sketch (I think that was Marissa Berenson) and her anger in the Linda Lavin episode after finding out that it wasn't really :smile:'s birthday. It seems like guests named Linda do this to Piggy as well as guests named Peter making Kermit feel depressed and sing "It's Not Easy Being Green." Lol.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
For me, I think some of Piggy's worst performances were the majority of her appearances in the first half of The Muppet Show's third season (between the Kris & Rita and Cheryl Ladd episodes). Why? Because I think that she was the most mean at that time. Her actions in the Leo Sayer and Marisa Berenson episodes especially bother me and come across as VERY mean-spirited to me. Even the Piggy puppet from that period bothers me, because that particular puppet of her looks REALLY p*ssed-off and makes even the Season 1 Piggy puppet look gorgeous by comparison.

A smaller one is her violent actions towards Robin in the Vet's Hospital sketch in the Linda Lavin episode. It's one thing to inflict that kind of physical harm on the adult characters, but not so much on a child character.

And, of course, most of the guest appearances, interviews, etc. that showcase the Flanderized, one-dimensional, karate-overusing "what did you say? HI-YAAH!" version of her that have become way too frequent ever since Frank stopped performing Piggy.

At least the 2011 film pretty much restored the pig's original "Jerk with a Heart of Gold" personality and hope that it's the beginning of them gradually restoring the pig's original complexities, hoping that the 2014 movie will continue down that path.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I thought Miss Piggy's performance was off on "Muppets Tonight".She seemed to be speaking too quickly and not as relaxed and varied as The Muppet Show.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
When she did her rendition of "The Entertainer" in the Milton Berle episode. It had none of the charm or passion of Berle's performance. Rowlf was the best thing about that number.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
Is it total 100% blasphemy to say i never liked Miss Piggy? I'm a hardcore Muppet fan, but her character never connected with me. I always found her more irritating than funny.

I know I'm almost certainly in the extreme minority on this, but don't shoot me....I'm just being honest!

cjd874

Reaction score
Is it total 100% blasphemy to say i never liked Miss Piggy? I'm a hardcore Muppet fan, but her character never connected with me. I always found her more irritating than funny.

I know I'm almost certainly in the extreme minority on this, but don't shoot me....I'm just being honest!
^:smile:mad: swoops in and chops KrazyJoe through a wall.)
Just kidding. Miss Piggy isn't one of my favorites, either to be honest.
(She returns and kicks me in the stomach.)
:stick_out_tongue: