pigs haven't been used much this decade

Redsonga

Reaction score
That's true... Though personally, I can see more reason for it going wrong than right. I guess in my mind, it sounds okay written on paper or even if a character mentions it in passing, but to actually see it would just be too heavy. And adding humorous elements just doesn't seem like it would work.

There are so many other Muppet related things that I would rather see than this. Something about the idea just makes me cringe a bit.
It's just Piggy to me always seemed like everything came so easy to her, even more so now (little or no hi-yas?:frown:)..Showing more of how she worked for and is working for things could only help flesh out her character I think..She's gotten a little..Barbie-fied:coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the pigs aren't neccessarily my favorite characters. I have just noticed recently that hardly any Muppet pigs besides Piggy have been used in a long time. I guess it's possible that Link and Strangepork may have worn out (though I don't know for sure), but I would be surprised if all the other pig puppets have worn out by now.
Not to mention both Link and Strangepork need to be recast. I heard Steve plays Link now, but I've only heard he had a line in the Racemania game... and that was 10 years ago. But then again, we've basically had only movies (DTV's and telefilms, mostly) and none of them have ever had that big a role in film.

We did have Howard in VMX (who was rechristened as a new character in Tinsel Town), but that's about it. We also don't see enough generic, nameless pigs.

And I do feel it's a shame. Why, pigs are as much the Muppet Show as Chickens, Penguins, and monsters....

pattywack

Reaction score
I definitley agree, we need to see those pigs again. I miss them! I wonder though if they really did plan to not even use them after the Muppet Show? They barely had any kind of role in most MS movies/specials/features etc.

On the Miss Piggy's mum front, if they did it well, I would LOVE to see the mum come on the show and Miss Piggy stand up to her :big_grin: