Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I can picture it, and you're right. The piggies' mountain does seem much steeper indeed. It's clear that the piggies were having a much harder time climbing while Little Jerry and the Monotones just seemed to be dancing their way up! :big_grin: Makes it much easier for the goat to knock the piggies off since their mountain is so much steeper, too!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Maybe it even makes it somewhat easier for the nimble-footed goat to keep his head down and run away down the adjacent side of the mountain while the piggies are looking straight down where their best friend is plunging to absolute doom.

Skye

Reaction score
That's definitely possible, too. It works much more perfectly in that sketch for so many reasons! :big_grin:

But of course, they didn't need things like that for the Little Jerry sketch. You know, that was the very first Little Jerry and the Monotones sketch I'd ever seen. Nice way to be introduced to them! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're most welcome. Glad to introduce you to them. :smile:

Interesting to also think that the Monotones' mountain must have technically been even higher than the piggies' mountain in order to have snow on it.
And the piggies were certainly dressed in a style not anticipating climbing in the snow were they? But it was obviously still seriously high up enough to be a terrible fall. :wink:

Makes me imagine that if they'd been singing Happy Wanderer on a very steep snow-covered mountain the others may have said "Uh-oh" "Watch your step" and "Yeah. Yeah." under the assumption that their best friend had lost his footing on extremely treacherous loose snow as opposed to simple loose rocks. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
That is very true indeed. And interesting that since they may have been higher up, it would without a doubt be a rough fall for them to take. Hmm, so singing "The Happy Wanderer" makes them more likely to be knocked off, huh? :wink: Hehe, but really, we can't have evil goats on The Mountain of Love!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Of course you're right. Evil goats cannot possibly live on the Mountain of Love.
And I just watched both clips again and noticed the difference in the two goats. The Mountain of Love goat looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't he?
It's very hard to imagine if he had been in the other sketch that he would have murdered our piggies isn't it?

Skye

Reaction score
You bet. I can only imagine such nice goats living on the Mountain of Love! :smile:

Oh yay, I'm glad you see that difference between the two goats, too. He sure does look so sweet and innocent! I almost thought maybe he's a baby, or at least very young. I could never imagine a goat like that knocking our piggies off at all! It's funny how they can show such huge differences just in the way the goats look!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. That's very true. The piggies should consider Happy Wandering on the Mountain of Love sometime. It's a bit chilly with all the snow but the goats are all so very loving. :big_grin::flirt:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh absolutely. Plus the Mountain of Love is so darn cute! Aaand it's easier to climb. I'll bet the piggies would have a fabulous time Happy Wandering on that lovely mountain! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
In fact the most the little goat did to the Monotones was to suddenly pop up at the very end startling two of them making them fall backwards.
But he meant it in a very playful way of course and they would have only fallen backwards onto the soft snow of the level mountain top, wouldn't they?