Plans for "Cyclia"?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I'd like to see "Cyclia" too. Wasn't it an unfinished project?:confused:

Convincing John

Luke

Reaction score
Bringing back an oldie - does anyone know how this was pronounced - si-slee-ah, or psyc-liah ?

wombat woman

Reaction score
I always pronounced it 'SIGH-klee-uh'. No idea if that's correct.

As far as releasing stuff, aside from the profit margin, I can see a couple of issues.

First, there's the editing. IIRC, Cyclia was a dance club, not a film, and the video was random footage to be projected on the walls (or on screens hung about the room) & coordinated with the music. Trying to translate an unrealized multimedia-immersion experience into a DVD clip would be...a bit of a challenge.

Second, the raw footage may not be in great shape. I would hope that the film has been kept in a good environment, but who knows? Even under the best of conditions, film decays, and different films decay at different rates & under different circumstances. There's stuff from the 60's & 70's that's falling apart, and stuff from the 20's 30's that's as brilliant & colorful as the day it was shot. (I have friends who are film archivists, specializing in regional, small gauge, and television media. Neat stuff, for a media geek like me.)

FYI, I do know that the Henson Company was looking for an intern last fall to help them sort through their archives. We may yet see some of this stuff. I hope so. I'd love to see the raw footage, and maybe a few samples of footage edited with sound.

ta,
wombat

minor muppetz

Reaction score
FYI, I do know that the Henson Company was looking for an intern last fall to help them sort through their archives. We may yet see some of this stuff. I hope so. I'd love to see the raw footage, and maybe a few samples of footage edited with sound.
It would be great if somebody here was an intern. I wonder if The Jim Henson Company still has any copies of any Muppets productions that Disney owns the distribution rights to stored in their archives.

Luke

Reaction score
Second, the raw footage may not be in great shape. I would hope that the film has been kept in a good environment, but who knows?
I believe Craig Shermin exhibited part of it somewhere a couple of years ago at one of the shows Henson hold or appear at. Also i gather it was shown around the walls at a party at the Chaplin Studios a while back, so its definitely still around. Thanks for the pronouncation, thats the one i'd go with too i think.