1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Play With Me Sesame - Classic Skits

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Grover, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Grover

Grover New Member

Does anybody have a list of SS classic segment that have been shown on P.W.M.S? I've seen the show twice, but I didn't notice many classic clips?
  2. fozziefan

fozziefan New Member

I don't have any kind of list, but two classic skits I remember being on there are Grover singing "Over Under Around and Through" and Grover and Biff as cavemen trying to pull the rock up the mountain.
  3. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I saw the show, and I noticed a few Rare SS Clips. for Instance they showed Cookie Monster's Poem, Light and Heavy with Kermit and Grover, The Magic Chain with Ernie and Bert, Near and Far with Grover (70's Remake), and the Dr. Ernie Sketch. If there is anymore Rare Sketches Please Let Me Know.
  4. i can remember seeing...

'oh the bells...listen to the bells, ding-a-ling, hear em ring, everybody listen to the bells..'
    inside herry
    'i dance myself to sleep..'
    anything muppets making random noises that eventually make music
    healthy food
    'i think that it is wonderful that i can smell a rose...'
    kermit on old mcdonalds farm
    kermit, prince charming and rapunzel

there's a butt load more, but thats the best i can do off the top of my head..
  5. Grover

Grover New Member

They show Kermit on P.W.M.S. Wow, Could anyone give a list of Kermit's sketches they show?
  6. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Here are two from P.W.M.S. that I recall seeing:

"Me lost me cookie at the disco"
    Cookie at the bakery- Cookie imagines a large cookie & "eats" it.

I'm sorry I missed Bert and Ernie and the "magic chain." I would have enjoyed seeing that one again!
  7. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Just seeing this thread made me want to catch Play With Me Sesame again, so I saw an episode of it today. There was a lot of cool classic stuff on there- actually, there were some newer sketches I hadn't seen before- pretty cool ones. One with Ernie and Bert where Ernie is actually picking up his toys for once, but then he throws them all out again as he's showing Bert how easily he can find Rubber Duckie again! :p :(
    And one with Elmo, Telly, Rosita, Zoey, Humphrey, Ingrid, Alphonse (a green Honker), and Herry all talking about next to! And it ends with all of them dogpiling on Elmo!

But the most classic one was probably the one where Kermit was on! He played his "Imagination" game in a park on a sunny day. Farley and a AM girl could be seen in the background. Kermit invited the viewers to close their eyes and imagine- and the screen really did turn all purple during this part- but you could still hear Kermit's voice. And then when he told you to open your eyes- the scene would be changed- once to imagine it was raining, and the next time to imagine it was snowing. And then to imagine it was a sunny day again! That was pretty cool.:)
    But I was wondering if that's exactly how it went originally on Sesame Street?

Anyway- definitely some great sketches on there.
    And I love Prairie Dawn's song for the artwork show- the tune is the same as what she used to sing when she directed plays on Sesame Street- "Welcome, dear viewers to our little show..."

And I love the way she says, "Thank you, thank you And thank you!" at the end with a laugh. (Sounds very similar to Fozzie on The Muppet Show. Cool!)

And of course, Grover starts it off with his classic "Helloooo Everybodyeeeee!!!!" greeting, which is definitely classic Sesame Street!
  8. Kuriboh Man

There's some I Forgot to Mention. For Instance There was that Bookworm Song( Speaking of Which when did that Air), Long and Short with Kermit and Grover, The one sketch when Ernie doesn't Feel Special, Happy and Sad With Kermit and Elmo, and this one Sketch when Elmo sings about sounds everywhere.
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I think the worm song aired either between the late 80's and early 90's. It was when they had the newer library. I think. I just rememeber when that aired back in the day. I just remember the newer library segments.
  10. this morning i saw 'fat blue' at a baseball game trying to catch a foul ball, while grover, trying to sell him a hotdog, keeps ruining it for him, not sure how old this one was...the monsters in the sketch looked kind of newish i think..

also have just seen prairie dawn, 'things that i can do all by myself'
  11. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Prairie Dawn's song is definitely pretty classic! (and probably iconic for her)
  12. PiLfan

PiLfan Member

for the uninitiated, could someone tell me what exactly is Play with Me Sesame?...is this on a specific cabel channel? I've never seen it before.
  13. Kuriboh Man

Play With Me Sesame is on Noggin. Speaking of Which are there any more Classic Sketches other than the ones Metioned?
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

There are only four and some time other characters show up from time to time. You have Ernie, Bert, Prairie Dawn and Grover. Sometimes Cookie Monster, Zoe, Ernistine and Slimey too. Its pretty much for preschoolers and all. But for us older fans who grew up watching it from the 70 and 80's there are classic skits and old songs that hardly play on any of the new episodes of Sesame Street. Thats why we love it. Its pretty neat little show.
  15. ok, i just watched another episode and the sketch where bert is trying to guess the body parts that ernie has covered with socks was on....will keep watching, i have lots of them taped for my 5 month old....but mostly i taped them for me!
  16. Kuriboh Man

I noticed some other Sketches, there's this one sketch when Ernie wanted to play out in the snow when Bert Really wanted to play checkers, The one when Ernie and Bert wanted to Paint a picture, The Take a Rest Song, Fast and Slow with Telly and Cookie Monster, Inside and Outside with Zoe and Cookie Monster, The one when Ernie made Arrows and Bert had to follow them to find a surprise, and at the end of one episode they showed Mahna Mahna along with Grover and Praire Dawn. any more I should know about?
  17. Ernie playing the drums and bert mimicking his beats, ba dum bum ching!
  18. Kuriboh Man

Oh I have also found some other sketches.

-Ernie making a Picture that looks exactly like Bert's (Cookie monster eats them Afterwards)

-The Question into finding a difference between Ernie and Cookie Monster( Along with a Pointy Headed Green AM).

-Ernie Doing Various Exercizes while Bert Wants to listen to ''Pidgeons on the News''.

-The Magic Finger/Drawing Triangle Sketch with Kermit.

-The Magic Door with a female Lavender Live-Hand AM (performed By Jerry Nelson) along with other AMs, and Grover Ruining the Painting.

-The one When Bert was in the park watching pidgeons when Elmo was making alot of noise.

-A bunch of Honkers waiting for an egg to hatch(a Baby Honker) then teaches the baby how to honk.