Plush Sam at California Disney

Sunrise

Reaction score
All muppet fans take note!

Hey everyone, this is to clear up the confusion over the Sam Eagle plush and where to find it.
Sam is being carried only in Disneyland, California at present. The mail order number given previously on this forum is the number for Walt Disney World, Florida, which is why if you called it you were told there was no such thing as a Sam Eagle plush. So much for company communication.
The mail order number for Disneyland is 1-800-362-4533.
We are slated to have Sam arrive at Disney-MGM Studios, Florida, around mid-June. At that point you can use the Walt Disney World mail order, but it's not toll-free like the other. (go figure)
Hope this is helpful!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Do you know if they will make other characters like sweetums and the band?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
He's great. Perhaps a bit to cute and fluffy for Sam though? Would anyone be able to pick me up a couple as I live in UK and mail them to me? I will of course cover costs of dolls posting and Paypal fees.? :attitude: Thanks!

Wayne

Reaction score
That is a really sad Sam plush. It dosen't even look like him. I wish Disney would get their act together and make some nice Muppet plushes. It just make me mad to see the Muppets like this.

Miss Piggy look's like a hooker.
Animal looks like he has been shaved.
Fozzie looks like someone ran his head over.
Bean Bunny dosen't look cute.
Scooter looks cross eyed.

And now they made Sam look cute. This make me sick! And not just Disney but look what Sababa has done to Janice making her look like a hooker.

What can we do as Muppet fans to correct this problem so this won't happen any more?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Well, I for one like him. Been collecting Muppets a LONG time, and am thrilled to see Sam finally get the plush treatment. Can't wait until mine arrive.

Muppet fans amaze me though. People complain and complain about the lack of Muppet merchandise, and then when stuff gets made, they complain that it's not good enough. What do you people want? Plush that looks exactly like the puppet..? Ain't gonna happen, because Henson doesn't want merchandise out there that looks too perfect. Believe me, I know.

But I wholeheartedly disagree about Miss Piggy and Janice looking like "hookers." While some of the Disney and Sababa plushes DO leave something to be desired, I think that most of them are quite good. I was very impressed with the Janice up-close and in-person.

There's nothing anyone can do to change the products that companies are currently making. Except don't buy them. But if you choose to go that route, you don't have much room to complain when products don't get made at all...

Just my thoughts.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEW! Sam looks horrible. I wouldn't pay any price for that. I've seen all the other Muppet Vision 3-d Dolls at California Adventures, and they all look great, but Sam looks just plain bad.

Didymus