Politics on MC

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You think you're alone? I'm probably the only anarchist on the board.
Wow! I've never met anyone who openly claims to be an anarchist...not that I have a problem with that... as a history teacher I know there are a lot of events in history where anarchists' beliefs have been misinterpreted. Just find it interesting. I love discussng politics myself...though this isn't the place I would come to do it. I usually try to keep my own personal views to myself as a teacher thought because I feel it is wrong for me to try to push an agenda... thouh I love hearing all the views my students have. I do agree with the statement made earlier that we live in a day and age where if we don't agree with someone we automatically label them as evil. THere are points that I will not bend on due to my personal code of ethics... but generally speaking alot of issues (such s how money is managed/spent) really isn't a moral point so much as a political point. One of the beautiful things about the history of our country is that a lot of ou ealy government was based on compromise. Some good (the Great Compromise) some not bad (The three fifths compromise)...its a shame there are people who are not willing to compromise on some issues........ can we all just get along...... hey lets turn this back into a Muppety conversation...so lets support Kermit the frog for president.... given he would probably mope and say he didn't make any promises to anyone

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that I don't really like discussing politics but more politics in a historical sense and discussing the oriins of view points

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always try to stay away from:

* Politics.
* Religion.

And to be honest, getting into discussions about my Fandoms.
You're right, fandom discussions can also get pretty heated on a lot of boards, lol.

KingR76

Reaction score
You're right, fandom discussions can also get pretty heated on a lot of boards, lol.
To quite a passionate degree, to very easily go from Muppets to another well known Frank Oz creation... Star Wars.

Star Wars Episode 1: A Phantom Menace.
Star Wars Episode 2: The Attack Of The Clones.
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith.
Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope.
Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back.
Star Wars Episode 6: The Return Of The Jedi.

Are ALL Films that I Love. Every single one.

Indiana Jones: Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
Indiana Jones: And The Temple Of Doom.
Indiana Jones: And The Last Crusade.
Indiana Jones: And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

Brilliant Films.

I know exactly what you're thinking and I've discussed (to a certain extent) these Films with Friends, casual Fans AND Fans. As you can imagine there are people who aren't fans of the Star Wars Prequels or of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

beaker

Reaction score
I agree that it's best to keep hot button issues off the table, especially in discussing the legacy of Jim Henson and children's entertainment like this forum. Just sometimes things happen that directly threaten the legacy of Jim Henson(politicians threatening to end PBS) or greatly tarnish the intention of Jim Henson's characters.

I'm kind of with Bananasketch in his dismay of liberals...not because Im a conservative, but because I feel liberals in America have gotten too conservative. Though I'm kind of a fringe person politically.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Heh heh heh...King, I like ya, man, BUT

there are ONLY
THREE
Star Wars films.

Nuff said.
-------------------