Poll: Which, yet to be released, figure are you most anticipating??

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Since most of us here have agreed that "nekkid rowlf" is one of the figures we are most anticipating, I therefore propose a question. A question that I am curious to know.

We know that "nekkid rowlf" exists. He has been mentioned by palisades and his picture is floating around on the net and in toy magazines (toyfare).

It has been said that "nekkid rowlf" will be released later in the series and something "special" is instore for him.

My question therefore is, "why was nekkid rowlf not released and held back until a later date?"
Any ideas?

My thought is: Perhaps he will be in a playset, or will be an exclusive - if they continue to do exclusives later on in the line.
Perhaps an exclusive member only figure for the Palisades club?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
"Nekkid Rowlf" is not being released yet to increase the longevity of the line. Palisades doesn't want to release the definitive version of every character in the first few waves, but they need to have a few really well-known characters mixed in with the more obscure characters. That's why we're getting "Tux Rowlf" and "Cape Gonzo" a few waves before "Nekkid Rowlf" and "Purple Tux Gonzo w/Camilla."

Juxton

Reaction score
Ah, but what is the "something special" they have planned for Nekkid Rowlf.

I think they should label the blister card he comes on with "Nekkid Rowlf" :wink: :big_grin:

Joggy

Reaction score
I have to say that there's not a figure in the series I can wait for!!! I've been playing with Kermit, Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker and Dr. Teeth for a while now, and I have to say - a good Muppet Show is not complete without characters like Fozzie and Gonzo. I'm glad series 2 will make The Gang look more complete.

But anyway, the ones I'm most anticipating are:

Floyd
Rowlf (don't care if he's nekkid or not - I wanna Rowlf at a friggin piano, period!)
Scooter - my fave
Gonzo in suit with CAMILLA (oh, to have such a fine chicken figure...)
Reporter Kermit with Koozbanians
Complete Electric Mayhem

I was gonna say Lew Zealand, Link and Crazy Harry, but that's just because I've seen the photos and I think they're beautiful. :big_grin:

gen

Reaction score
my apologies

Sorry to all who read my last message after all i,m only a muppet !
Hey G.W how do you know about the band bus before series 7?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Gen, the bus is scheduled to come out in Series 5.
Check the release schedule on Muppet Central (link) for more info on upcoming series.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I heard that one too Walker... I am trying to find the part where it is mentioned that they have something "special" instore for "birthday suit" rowlf. Sorry guys just wanted to call nekkid rowlf something else!

I read that part too where they wanted to keep the series going.
I still keep looking for the other little tidbit about Rowlf... if all else fails I'll just ask Ken in the "ask Ken" part. It's bugging me cause I know I've read it somewhere... Thanks for your imput!

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Ahh. Here's the only thing I remember Ken saying about naked Rowlf lately (yes, Ken, you're quotable):

(Ask Ken at Palisades, p. 242, 9/18/02)
Well, if Rowlf is on a card in an assortment, then yeah he would come with an Upright as far as I am concerned. Would be a no-brainer...well, MOST likely a no-brainer. One could argue he could come with dogs in cages from TMTM, or some other variation.

Is that what you were remembering? Hope this helps ...

grail

Reaction score
the truth is, no one knows what the "something special" for nekkid Rowlf is going to be yet. Ken and company are keeping it for a surprise. my guess is we'll find out in febuary at toyfair

jeremyactor

Reaction score
What do I want?

Pepe
Fraggles (PLEASE! I WANT FRAGGLE FIGURES!)
Sweetums
Muppeteer Figures (I think that'd be awesome - put the muppeteer in the middle of all of their characters... Dave can come with big shoes to recreate the picture from Of Muppets and Men)
How about Waldo from Muppet Vision and JHH?
The Jugband?
All releases.