Possible NEW Muppet Movie?

Luke

Reaction score
Next Muppet must have tested terribly. I mean they could always have stuck the episodes on Muppets.com. I mean, pre-writer's strike Disney wouldn't have had to pay jack for it! LOL! :wink:
Yea it may have been a case of good idea, implemented badly by whoever was doing it at the time. There was also talk at the time of reality TV going out of popularity so maybe ABC didn't want it or Disney just wanted to take their time pushing Muppet stuff after Oz didn't do well. Eitherway it sounded like a brilliant format for a special, with the right promotion it could have been a big TV event. Shame we didnt even see the pilot footage they filmed at Disney world i think, there is so much "in the can" for muppets we havent seen and probably never will.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah...*chiming in late as usual* I have to agree that the Muppets are in fact moving forward...although, as everyone has mentioned, it's at a snail-on-anti-depresents-rate.

I have seen more Muppet merchandice in stores this year than ever before. Stationary, mugs, and clothing. All of these are brand new "Muppet Holding Company" products. Muppet dvds are still selling, particularly around Christmas, and they are still making appearences on TV.

People I've spoken to have begun to notice them again this year. My flatmates spoke about them before I did, in fact! And they think that Animal is Cookie Monster....so they are making their rounds if nothing else and building awareness slowly but surely.

Rome was not built overnight.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Muppet bonding.

Yea it may have been a case of good idea, implemented badly by whoever was doing it at the time. There was also talk at the time of reality TV going out of popularity so maybe ABC didn't want it or Disney just wanted to take their time pushing Muppet stuff after Oz didn't do well. Eitherway it sounded like a brilliant format for a special, with the right promotion it could have been a big TV event. Shame we didnt even see the pilot footage they filmed at Disney world i think, there is so much "in the can" for muppets we havent seen and probably never will.
As James Bond says, never say never.They can always turn up as bonus material on DVDs.HMM, James Bond? Could make an interesting muppet movie idea-Kermit as 007, Piggy as the Bond girl, and various muppets as villians.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say one thing. Nowadays, Disney only cares if you're a tweenage girl. Seems that because they want nothing but hits, they keep trotting out the same trot like High School Musical and Hanna Monatana. That's all they do, besides Pirates of the Carribean (which, I do enjoy). Other than that, it's the same old formula. Tween show, movie of the year, preschool series. After they stopped making Bear in the House, there wasn't a single Muppet at the Disney store, other than a pillow (which looked way too effeminant for me).

We are seeing a few t-'s and stuff, but it isn't enough for my taste. You can say that I was corrupted for seeing the Muppets everywhere from 2002 -2004. My my, what an amazing 2 years. A toy line, a couple movies..... now we're waiting for someone to put unpublished comics on his site. And guess what? I call B.S. on that.

I'd think tweenage girls would love Miss Piggy stuff. Seems like their sort of thing. Miss Piggy shirts, hats, accessories... little plush Piggy keychains hanging off their backpacks. I don't know about you, but Disney is blind not to see that potential. Even if that's the angle they need to work, that's the angle that will get the foot in the door for more projects.

These latest few projects were nothing but small steps forward, and giant leaps backward. How can they fail if they don't try them? I mean, the next top Muppet, bad idea as it was, had potential to brong them back to TV. Ditto the mockumentary (which sounded like it was good). I mean, at least leak these on Youtube or something.

I don't want to seem pessamisitc, but a movie, unless its another telefilm or DTV project doesn't sound like it would have happened even back during the resurgance. MFS didn't do too well, and unless you've got a guarenteed hit these days (due to the crapconomy we have now) it ain't gonna happen. I blame these new youngster network heads, spoiled children who got everything they wanted handed to them. They want to be handed successes, and they want to compete with everyone else by doing the exact same thing to an even more inferior degree (look at Cartoon Network competing with the Disney Channel).

If there's a reason for no new muppet projects, it's them. Not just Disney.

Luke

Reaction score
As James Bond says, never say never.They can always turn up as bonus material on DVDs.HMM, James Bond? Could make an interesting muppet movie idea-Kermit as 007, Piggy as the Bond girl, and various muppets as villians.:smile:
That is actually a great idea for a Muppet movie - could even spoof Austin Powers as well in it. James Pond ... except that titles been used before. The idea for "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" had them all going off to do other jobs so that could have fitted in there too.

unclematt

Reaction score
"So Was Jim."

Wow, Nice touch.

You all have made some extremely wonderful points and I just want to say that it is encouraging to read this forum knowing that people care as much as I do.