1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Postcards for Prell, Mullen, and Frith

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Slackbot, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Karen Prell, Kathy Mullen, and Michael Frith will be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta. So will I. So, I figured, why copycat The Muppeteer Postcard Project over at Toughpigs and offer to take them some postcards? The Muppeteers got a kick out of their fan mail, and I figure it's about time that Red and Mokey got postcards of their own.

So, here's the deal. If you want to send a postcard to Frith, Prell, and/or Mullen, E-mail me at negaduck9@aol.com and be sure to put the word "Postcard" in the subject line. I'll E-mail you my snail mail address. You can send me postcards for them, and I'll carry them to Dragon*Con and hand them over. Postcards only, no exceptions, as I have limited space and a lot of stuff of my own to shlep. I must receive them by Tuesday the 27th, as I'll be leaving on the 28th.

Of course, you're probably gonna wanna put the postcard in an envelope so it will be addressed to the Famous Person (or their puppet!) rather than stinky ol' me. And probably put your return address in case they want to reply. You can't count on that, but, hey, it'll be cool if they do!

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Just sent an email! :dreamy::excited:

3. CanaceErinn

CanaceErinn Member

What a cool idea! :excited:

4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Just sent my email!

5. Slackbot

Check out the link in the first post to the Muppeteer Postcard Project. It has some good suggestions as to what you can write.

6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Did you receive my email, Slackbot?

7. Slackbot

Everyone who contacted me thus far should have gotten a reply.

8. CanaceErinn

CanaceErinn Member

Just sent my email!

9. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Finally sent my email. It was only supposed to be for Michael Frith.

10. Slackbot

In response to a few things...

Please don't E-mail me fan letters. I'm offering to carry physical postcards over, not E-mails.

Regarding content, I'd encourage people to say something about your memories of Fraggle Rock, what the show meant to you, that kind of thing. I wouldn't ask a lot of questions, as that presumes that the recipient is going to answer them. You may or may not get a reply, and I like to think that fan mail is a way of thanking someone. Bring a smile to their face as they have for you, y'know? And, well, if they are inclined to reply, I think they'd find it easier to reply to a warm statement of appreciation than The Spanish Inquisition. (This is just my suggestion, not a rule. You decide what you write and I'll pass it along as long as it doesn't get freaky.)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. Twisted Tails

What is the address so I can send a postcard to them?

12. Slackbot

13. Twisted Tails

I tried that, but how do I do that postcard form? :sigh:

14. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Okay, let me help everyone out here.

Okay, first you E-mail Slackbot at the E-mail address she posted above. When you receive her address through E-mail, you can start on your postcard. You will have to supply YOUR OWN postcard, and on the address line of the postcard, you will put the name of the performer. Then work on the letter. Put in words of appreciation, thanks, etc. You will then put the postcard in an envelope addressed to the address Slackbot gave you, so she can pass it on to the performers without having her address on the postcard. Put proper postage on it, and mail it. Slackbot will give the performers the postcards, and what happens next I don't know.

15. Slackbot

Thank you, galagr. That's exactly the way it should go. I'd also suggest including a return address in the proper spot so the recipient can write you back if he or she wants.

What happens after I receive the cards is that I sort them according to the person or puppet they're addressed to and take them to Dragon*Con. When I meet said entities I will give them the bundles and explain that they're postcards from their friends in outer space.

galagr likes this.
  16. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Thanks Slackbot!

I wasn't expecting anything when I sent some postcards over with Muppetfan44 when she went to the sent of TMA. But Matt Vogel sent me back a really awesome postacrd from the set which he signed as himslef, Floyd and Lew Zealand (since I told him they were my favorites.)

Sent you an email. :)

17. Slackbot

To answer a few frequently asked questions: yes, you may send more than one postcard. Heck, if you want you could send one to each human and Fraggle, for a total of five. You don't need to send each in a separate envelope. I'll confirm via E-mail when I get your postcards if you E-mail me with your real name or include a note with your E-mail address in the envelope with the postcards.

I've gotten some responses, but there's room for more. I'd like to be able to hand them nice bundles of postcards! :excited:

18. Muppet fan 123

This job's too hard! :laugh:
    (insert Andy and Randy icon here)

Because of that message, I'm now going to send you a letter with the headliner:
    "Dear Stinky Ol' Kim" :)

Slackbot likes this.
  19. RumbleBug

RumbleBug New Member

Awesome, I had fun writing postcards to the Muppeteers for the Muppeteer Postcard Project, so I can't wait to write postcards to my Fraggle Rock idols! :excited: I just sent you an email.

20. Muppet fan 123

Slackbot, I sent out my envelope with the postcards in them. I forgot to put "Stinky Ol' Kim' on the envelope.

Now you're just "Boring Ol' Kim". :laugh: