Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking about how the "Behind the Street" feature has a "turn on" and "turn off" option, and I wonder if maybe that feature is a series of introductions for certain clips, allowing viewers to choose between watching all the clips with or without them. It's a long shot. Have there been any DVDs that had a feature done like this?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed some things about this set in contrast to the Old School sets. For example, since all of the episodes on the old school sets were sponsored by 2, there were many 2 segments on those sets. But this set doesn't have any clips about the number 2 (unless you count Two Princes, which is really just about cooperation, not counting).

The first Old School set had a lot more bonus season 3 segments than the other seasons, and on this set, season 3 has the smallest number of clips out of the first five years.

Also, while Old School Vol. 1 had a mix in numbers of bonus clips for each season, Old School Vol. 2 had the same numbe rof clips for each season, with the exception of season 6, which had three more. Most of the seasons from the late 1970s are represented with only one clip (seasons 6 and 9 are the exception, with three segments each).

So far we haven't had an Old School Vol. 3, or any 1980s equivilent, but this set seems to make up for it a bit. Seasons 11-14 are all represented with quite a few clips each when compared to seasons 6-10. Afterwards each season of the 1980s is represented with either two or three inserts each.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This is just a question,
I know this Set is supposed to come with a Book,

Do any of you know how the Book will be packaged with this DVD set? Will it be inside the set or will it be out side with the DVD attached,

And if I were to go to Best Buy, Target, or Walmart would I be able to find the DVD and the Book that comes along with there?

No to Get confused I am talking about the 40 years of Sunny Days DVD Set that is supposed to come with a Book,

I am asking because a couple of years ago I went out to get a DVD that was supposed to come along with a special something and I ended up going around to a couple of stores with my Mom looking for the DVD that had the special something, so I am just asking just incase some one here knows what its going to be like,

Thanks! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the set will come out tomorrow. I hope a review comes out tonight, somewhere.

Has anybody noticed how a lot of the "new-to-english-speaking-North-American DVD" have been released on the Shalom Sesame videos? Thos probably shouldn't count as "double-dipping", since many of those skits were partially dubbed in hebrew, but it is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.