1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This is the one you've been waiting for...

The "Sesame Street 40 Years of Sunny Days" DVD Boxset is coming to DVD on November 10 and you can save 30% off the regular price. The special release with feature OVER SIX HOURS of material from Classic Sesame and the best clips from the past 40 years, including never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage.

Since most of us will be getting the Sesame Street 40 Years DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee. Meaning, you can pre-order now and save 30% off the regular price (and if Amazon lowers the price even more you're guaranteed the lowest price by pre-ordering). We appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.
  2. zns

zns Active Member

I just have one question. Will there at least be a review on this website for the book and the bonus DVD when it is released.
  3. Phillip

Yes, that's our plan. As we've tried to do in the past, we'll try to get these up before the actual release date if at all possible.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

If it's not possible to get a review posted before the release Phil... Might I suggest a review by any of the members of the MC Forum's Writer's Guild? They've been working on and have submitted various articles for posting on the site's front page. I have no doubt they'd do a great job at it. *Paid promotion, cashes check from a Mr. Prawn Crack R.
  5. Phillip

Sure, if someone gets the release before a review is posted it would be best to contact me directly and we'll confirm whether or not it's being worked on for the site.
  6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

It's a two disc DVD from what I've seen over at Amazon.

Which makes me question what is the overall idea here if it's going to be full of SS shorts and muppet moments from the decades ? :(
  7. The Count

Well... From what I remember, Disc 1 is meant to have the segments from Seasons 1-20 and Disc 2 from Seasons 20-40.
    Hope this helps.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Or... Can't there be multiple reviews of the set before it comes out?

Is it really six hours of classic Sesame Street? The Muppet Newsflash and tvshowsondvd.com both announced that the set would be five hours of footage, each disc represents different 20-year periods, and I don't think 6 hours can fit on a single disc, unless maybe they are two double-sided discs. Sesamestreet.org has the "classic" label by clips from up to season 24, but I doubt that would add up to six hours of classic footage.
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Something tells me it will not end well if that what's the DVD is going to be like. :(

I mean I was hoping for a 5 disc DVD set, with the first 4 centered around 10 years in each disc and then the last one contains bounus features galor.:insatiable:
  10. minor muppetz

That's more than I wished for. Long before it was announced I wished for (and started a thread about) a four-disc set focusing on ten years per disc. I didn't think about a fifth bonus disc (I think I thought of putting bonus material on disc 4 or something like that). But at least we're getting something.
  11. The Count

Then you're going to be sorely disappointed, as you're thinking in terms of both Old School SST volumes' treatment for this release. The announcement for this was made much earlier in the year, stating it as a two-disc set with each focusing on clips from two sets of twenty-year periods from the show. Sorry if this is new news for you.
  12. minor muppetz

Of course, it was announced that the upcoming 40th anniversary book will include a bonus DVD. That could be like a third disc. So far only the first episode has been confirmed as being included, so it wouldn't be much extra incentive for those with the first Old School set (I'd be surprised if it was uncut this time). But I hope that there are some bonus sketches included there.
  13. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Just remember, folks:

You live in the days of Youtube, file sharing programs and torrents. You have spent many years in internet communities where video trading and fan sites have offered their own wealth of insight.

Consider legal concerns and corporate image that needs to be projected in any sort of 'official' celebration/product, and you may be destined to be disappointed.
  14. rche

rche New Member

Grandma and Grandpa are always asking what they can get us for our kids. This is perfect. A little bit of old skool for me and some of the new to connect to the Elmo generation.

I can see disc one getting some heavy rotation and disc two gathering a bit of dust, tho.

Still, sounds pretty cool and 40 is a big year for SS.
  15. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I thought they were joking over time, but I guess the joke's on me. :(
  16. minor muppetz

I feel like I know what you mean, and yet at the same time, I also don't.
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Wow, the cover is terrific!
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

By the looks of it, so far it looks like we're getting:
    • Monster in the Mirror
    • Some random animation insert
    • The Banana-In-The-Ear skit
    • Some Zoe insert