Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the one you've been waiting for...

The "Sesame Street 40 Years of Sunny Days" DVD Boxset is coming to DVD on November 10 and you can save 30% off the regular price. The special release with feature OVER SIX HOURS of material from Classic Sesame and the best clips from the past 40 years, including never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage.

Since most of us will be getting the Sesame Street 40 Years DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee. Meaning, you can pre-order now and save 30% off the regular price (and if Amazon lowers the price even more you're guaranteed the lowest price by pre-ordering). We appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

zns

Reaction score
I just have one question. Will there at least be a review on this website for the book and the bonus DVD when it is released.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just have one question. Will there at least be a review on this website for the book and the bonus DVD when it is released.
Yes, that's our plan. As we've tried to do in the past, we'll try to get these up before the actual release date if at all possible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's not possible to get a review posted before the release Phil... Might I suggest a review by any of the members of the MC Forum's Writer's Guild? They've been working on and have submitted various articles for posting on the site's front page. I have no doubt they'd do a great job at it. *Paid promotion, cashes check from a Mr. Prawn Crack R.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, if someone gets the release before a review is posted it would be best to contact me directly and we'll confirm whether or not it's being worked on for the site.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
It's a two disc DVD from what I've seen over at Amazon.

Which makes me question what is the overall idea here if it's going to be full of SS shorts and muppet moments from the decades ? :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... From what I remember, Disc 1 is meant to have the segments from Seasons 1-20 and Disc 2 from Seasons 20-40.
Hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sure, if someone gets the release before a review is posted it would be best to contact me directly and we'll confirm whether or not it's being worked on for the site.
Or... Can't there be multiple reviews of the set before it comes out?

Is it really six hours of classic Sesame Street? The Muppet Newsflash and tvshowsondvd.com both announced that the set would be five hours of footage, each disc represents different 20-year periods, and I don't think 6 hours can fit on a single disc, unless maybe they are two double-sided discs. Sesamestreet.org has the "classic" label by clips from up to season 24, but I doubt that would add up to six hours of classic footage.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well... From what I remember, Disc 1 is meant to have the segments from Seasons 1-20 and Disc 2 from Seasons 20-40.
Hope this helps.
Something tells me it will not end well if that what's the DVD is going to be like. :frown:

I mean I was hoping for a 5 disc DVD set, with the first 4 centered around 10 years in each disc and then the last one contains bounus features galor.:insatiable:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mean I was hoping for a 5 disc DVD set, with the first 4 centered around 10 years in each disc and then the last one contains bounus features galor.:insatiable:
That's more than I wished for. Long before it was announced I wished for (and started a thread about) a four-disc set focusing on ten years per disc. I didn't think about a fifth bonus disc (I think I thought of putting bonus material on disc 4 or something like that). But at least we're getting something.

Status
Not open for further replies.