1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's official! The restored version of the Muppets first feature film, "The Muppet Movie" is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday August 13, 2013. Find out all the official details here on this anticipated Blu-ray release.

Since most of us will be getting the restored version of "The Muppet Movie" we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on DVD from Amazon using these links, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the movie with a low-price guarantee - if the price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll automatically receive the lowest price. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you plan on buying "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post.

FunnyBear and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

DVDDizzy reports that the Blu-ray (which included a digital copy, but no regular DVD) will be released on August 13. Cover Art:

[​IMG]

3. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Huh. The cover looks like a weird combo of the original film poster and this horrendous French DVD cover. Still, I am glad so many Muppets made it on the cover (though I'm perplexed as to why Statler and Waldorf are there).

I'm a little worried about the seemingly soon release date and the lack of a DVD re-issue. For some reason, it makes me suspect that there may be "No New Bonus Features" (Oh Nose!!! :concern:)

4. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

WOW!!!!!

I know these are old stock photos but they've made it work, i wasn't expecting this much effort to be put into it. I love it althought take out :boo: :sleep: :hungry: and replace them with :sing::cool:

5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Im really digging the NEW cover art! :D

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

We've known about this blu-ray release since last year, we only now know about the official release date. They've surely been planning for awhile.

7. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As I mentioned, it includes alternate audio tracks and a deleted scene. Is it entirely "special", no. Is there something special about it, I'd say yes. Does that mean it deserves to be on the Blu-ray? Not necessarily.

Exactly! :)

8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No! I refuse to see those stock photo puppets to be over useed on every new piece of merchandise!They have plenty of great brand new ones which they refusse to use.

9. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Ugh. Why does all recent Muppet stuff always have to look so Photoshop-y and cheap? This is better than a lot of it, but Kermit looks really screwy with those hands stuck on there. Oh well. At least the film inside is well worth watching!

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Why can't they either use new photo stocks or just take a photo cover with puppet posers ugh

11. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

FFS I hope this is a joke!!! It's bleedin awful!! Colourful, but AWFUL!!! I could comp better blindfolded and using only my feet!!

jvcarroll and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well it maybe cheaply Photoshopped, but is this the first time we have ever had Janice and Dr.Theth on a Muppet Dvd,or VHS cover?

Muppet Master likes this.
  13. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I'm half cringing/half excited looking at this cover art. It is a great concept, I love the variety of characters (even in spite of inclusion to those not featured heavily in the plot) and the classic Studebaker front and center, but I must say it is too photoshopped (probably something everyone will be saying). One who doesn't even know what Photoshop will probably think something's a little off. Despite this, I'm still excited and I'm enthusiastic to see how the product overall turns out in August!

14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

In the end, does the design really matter? Yeah...there is something off about it, but its still better than the Disney dvd release a few years back. Despite it being nothing but a photoshop collage, at least it looks like there was some work put into it.

And its an older movie that only fans would be picking up anyway, not new fans who only buy things because the covers look pretty :p

15. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I agree completely!

16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The fact that we are getting this at all is a good sign that maybe one day we will finally get the Muppet Show seasons 4-5 on dvd. I also don't know about anyone else but I really think that this is going to be better then when they put The Muppet Christmas Carol on blu Ray. I'm hoping that they do a lot of neat and interesting things with this one.
    One feature I really enjoyed on the first blu ray was the commentary with Gonzo/Rizzo/Stalar/Waldorf/Kermit it was very fun.

Muppetgirl1 likes this.
  17. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Not sure ill be signing up to your Marketing 101 seminar ;)

jvcarroll likes this.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The MuppetsStudios YT channel posted the trailer and mentions in the description that there are new bonus features, including the Disney Intermission thingy.

19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well I checked amazon and it's 18$ not too bad and I liked on the cover that it said original classic and I'm shocked they didn't use the new the muppets fuzzy green M logo on this like they did on MCC

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

That's really not, considering the average price of a dvd is about 15 dollars. I would have expected it to be near 25 dollars honestly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.