Pre-Wedding Jitters ~ A Series of Short Muppet Fan-Fiction Stories

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hello readers! Prawnie here again with some new fun for you all! I'm sure you all remember this story: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=32464, well if you do, then you remember that it's the first part of a trilogy. The next part is coming up soon, and no, it will not be in this thread. In this thread will be a series of short stories involving the Muppet gang that will bridge the gap from "Men Are Pigs" to the next story. They'll be in short installments updated when ever I have the time to write a new story.

So here it is, the first installment of "Pre-Wedding Jitters."

Pre-Wedding Jitters

The sounds echoed around the fly-wall-paper laden room. The keys clacked down as spindly, green fingers rained down upon each of them. The sound of the keys as they hit the base of the keyboard could easily have been mistaken for tiny little screams from tiny little letters and punctuation marks.

Kermit the Frog retained his green composure as he typed a rather flustered e-mail to the Electric Company that provided the Muppet Boarding House and the Muppet Theater with power. The letter read as follows:

"HEY YOU GUYS!
Pardon my capitalization; it just seemed like the right thing to type. Anyhow, it seems that the electricity in the theater has gone out, I got a call from my go-fer telling me that it was dark and the monsters were scaring him. I don't know why they'd scare him though, the monsters are always out, even in the light. Anyway, I hope we can get the problem worked out soon, let me know what you find out ASAAP ('As soon as amphibianly possible').
~ KTF"

Kermit scratched the back of his neck as he clicked the "Send" button, sending his message through the endless confines of the World-Wide Web. Kermit pushed his bright green laptop forward on his dark green bed spread and reached over to the olive green end table for his dark green coffee mug with his own face drawn in the middle of it.

The frog sat his mug back on the table and pulled the laptop back towards him. He leaned back against his headboard with his back against a lime-green pillow (tired of the green stuff yet?). Kermit attempted to crack his knuckles and frowned. "I keep forgetting that frogs don't have knuckles," he said.

Using the mouse (silently Kermit wondered if Miss Piggy ever thought of petitioning a change of name for the mouse, just so Kermit would never touch a mouse), Kermit opened up a new message. He scrolled through his many e-mail contacts (including, but not limited to: Miss Piggy [kissy_kissy@yahoo.com], Miss Piggy's cell phone e-mail address [kissy_kissy_on_the_phone@yahoo.com], Miss Piggy's Paris e-mail address [kissy_kissy_meinParis@yahoo.com], Miss Piggy's salonist's e-mail address [kissy_kissy_help_me@yahoo.com], and Miss Piggy's agent's e-mail address [i_have_individuality@yahoo.com]) and clicked on one in the "S" section of the alphabetical ordering of the list.

The frog readied his fingers for typing a new e-mail, and the keys readied themselves for another beating. The new message was this:

"Hi-ho Sesame Street! This is Kermit the Frog here with urgent breaking news! It has just been reported, as I'm sure you all already know, that Miss Piggy and I are finally getting married! Of course you're all being invited to the wedding (whenever we decide it should end up being, a date hasn't been set yet, but we're hoping it's soon!).

However, I did want to ask Grover if he'd like to be one of my groomsmen in the wedding. It would mean a lot to have one of my furriest, certainly cutest, and definitely most helpful friends in my wedding, so just call whenever you can, and we'll talk about flying you out to California early to get ready for the wedding!

Hope all is well on the 'Happiest Street in the World'! Can't wait to see you all soon!

Take care,
Kermit the Frog"

"There we are," Kermit said happily, sending off the message, "there's no way that message could be misinterpreted."

"That's what you think!" shouted the voices of 154 tiny, angry keyboard keys.

Kermit scrunched up his face in the traditional manner. "Why does everything in this house have to talk?" the frog asked, shutting the laptop and silencing the keyboard voices.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I looove it! And am the first to post!

LOVE the discriptione arly on about the keyboard screams, then the actual speaking at the end. LOVE the e-mail addresses, especially Paris. ADORE the discription of Grover!

And! LOVE IT!

Bea:zany:{Frogs have knuckles, though...}regard

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Cracking knuckles. Prawn... Chest of drawers, duke of chutney, half of halves, bottomless source of fanfics... This is very nice. So you're taking an approach similar to Sean's. If it works for you, then hey, congrats. And shouldn't you finish PH first though? You've got many a Fraggle in a bind waiting for harmony to come to them.

But nagging aside... Hey, nagging's what we do best!
Thanks for sharing this buddy.

:flirt:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
And shouldn't you finish PH first though? You've got many a Fraggle in a bind waiting for harmony to come to them.
*smirks* Don't you worry pal o' mine, Perfect Harmony will be finished.

I just don't know when. :stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, Ry; what great writing! And fun-ee! I loved the "HEY YOU GUYS!" letter to the Electric Company. You have a real sense of the Muppet's humor, which you think a lot of people here would, but I think it's a lot more difficult to write that very unique and recognizable style.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow, Ry; what great writing! And fun-ee! I loved the "HEY YOU GUYS!" letter to the Electric Company. You have a real sense of the Muppet's humor, which you think a lot of people here would, but I think it's a lot more difficult to write that very unique and recognizable style.
*blush* Well thank you very much Dave! That means SO much coming from you! Thanks a lot for stopping by to read, and again, thanks for the compliments, they really mean a lot.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
:O The talented, wonderful Prawn has yet again impressed me with this chappy installment. Oh my, I wait for more! :0

Series, is it?

SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Go Prawnie...
Go Prawnie....
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

Great chapter!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Psst... Hey youz... Yeah, youz Squeaky goil. Youz like this story by da guy what be known as Prawny? Then you'll love this. I can get youz a copy of da original,da exclusive, da greatest... Men Are Pigs. And all it'll cost ya is a nickel, and a PM saying you wanna poichase this masterpiece of Muppet literatoir. Shhh, riiight. :shifty:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Prawnie, I glomp you! This was great! The emails were awesome and I just LOVE when a writer gets inside Kermit's mind! Love it, hug it, squeeze it, can't wait to read more of it! Dave is right, you do have a sense of the Muppets sense of humor and if you can make sense of this sentence then kudos to you. Yes yes, why make sense when it's more profitable to make dollars. Ok, I'll stop now.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh my, I guess I'm feeling just a bit slow this morning. It wasn't 'til I read Dave's post that I got the Electric Company joke!
:embarrassed:
Ryan, this is truly wonderful, and I was excited to see another fanfic with your name on it, because I knew it would be terrific!

So more please!