Pre-Wedding Jitters ~ A Series of Short Muppet Fan-Fiction Stories

Leyla

Reaction score
I am told by a higher authority, namely, my beloved mentor, that this chapter simply must have a detailed review... and so I read it... and I completely concur.

And so, we go...

theprawncracker said:
Kermit woke up suddenly. He had fallen asleep doing the finances for the show on the kitchen table. He groaned and lifted his head up from the table. He looked down at the still-large pile of papers beneath him, with so many numbers that he thought maybe someone had turned on "The Matrix."
Okay first off, I really enjoyed the image of dear Kermit falling asleep on the table, doing the finances. He's a trooper, and works so hard, because of course, he loves them, and it's his Dream, first and foremost. It's a little thing, but little things are what make characters really come alive. That the Muppets have so many little quirks, along with their big ones, is why they're so fascinating and rich. (Although, they are often poor.) And the Matrix ref made me smile.

He shook his head and tried straightening the papers, but failed and gave up. He pushed his chair out from the table and stood up, he stretched his arms out wide, ready to plop down in his bed and not do another thing until morning.
Oh, I know the feeling, Kermit!

He turned around to walk out of the kitchen and found that the doorway was blocked. Kermit gulped loudly as his eyes grew larger and they ogled Miss Piggy standing before him.
<laughs> Ogled, now THAT was a great word choice, and I am very pleased indeed with the frog. I love the love, and I love the interest he's showing in her. He ought to have both, marrying her!

She was leaning helplessly against the doorway with a red silk night gown draped down her entire person (or pig, as the case may be). "Come, mon frog," she said to her flustered froggy fiance, "moi has something to show vous."
Person who is a pig! Love the helpless lean. I can practically see the swooning posture, the delicate flutter of the eyelids. Nice ensemble choice, Piggy, and nice alliteration Prawnie! Oh, and very very nice set up... hits me, in retrospect, like a ton of bricks.

Kermit's face scrambled to compose it self. "Oh, why, Miss Piggy," he said sheepishly. "What a--erm, surprise seeing you this late."

"Kermie, Kermie, Kermie," Piggy chided. "Something vous must soon learn is that moi is most definitely a night owl."
<laughs> Oh, GREAT line! I'm sure he WILL, PIggy!

It was a miracle that Kermit didn't trip over himself as he took a step forward. "I see," Kermit said. "That's certainly a hoot."
Oh, perfect, perfect! Kermit is SUCH a great match for Piggy. So much her equal, and it's so easily forgotten that he can give right back what he gets. Love the pun... and love that he's lucky not to trip over himself. Very impressive, Prawnie dear.

Piggy frowned. "Ah, shut up and come see what moi has to show you," she said.
Fabulous PIggy line.

Kermit caved and grabbed Piggy's extended hand. She pulled him (not literally, surprisingly) up the stairs and towards her room.

"Now Piggy," Kermit said. "You know I have my own little qualms about this sort of thing before the--"
Oh, so much to say here... Not literally, surprisingly... love it! And that, exhausted as he is, he does go with her, especially considering what he thinks she's thinking about! Kermit may protest... but he's following her anyway! Also, as an old-fashioned girl among old fashioned girls... <applauds the frog and the pig heartily>.

"Yeah, yeah, so do I, dumb frog," Piggy responded. "Moi really does have something important to show you."
<amused> There's a lot of affection, I think, in that "dumb frog" and it's certainly a lighthearted approach to... a striking conversation.

"Oh good," Kermit said with a smile. "'Cause if that sort of thing was to happen I don't think they'd ever let me on Sesame Street again."
Well, I wouldn't recommend broadcasting it to Big Bird. Now THAT would be a discussion... sheesh.
"Well if that's your only problem with it--"

"Pig-gy!" Kermit scolded, scrunching up his face.

"Kidding!" Piggy said. "Geez, take a joke why don't'cha."

"I have to, my best friend's Fozzie," the frog said.
<laughs> Love seeing Piggy kid him, love the Fozzie line, and on top of that, this whole scene... very artfully and delicately done, Prawnie. I'm totally impressed by your handling it!

Piggy reached her bedroom door and turned the knob slowly. She pushed open the door, revealing her room. Nothing out of place, nothing out of the ordinary, no skeleton hanging out of the closet.

Kermit looked around. "Piggy, there's nothing here," he said.
No, the skeletons are in the closet. Not surprised that the frog keeps a sharp eye out for things out of place.

"That's what you think, frog," Piggy said. "Sit on the bed, moi has to get something."

Kermit did as he was told and sat on the pink and white quilt ont eh edge of Piggy's bed. She swept over to her vanity and pulled open the drawer. She reached inside and twisted her face as she looked for something. Her expression lit up as she found it, and her arm pulled back.

Suddenly, a framed picture of Kermit and Piggy lifted up on the wall, revealing a safe on the wall.

Kermit's face pulled back in surprise. "Piggy! What is this?" he asked.
She has a secret SAFE! WOW! <giggles> I am SOO amused and delighted by that.

"A girl's gotta keep somethings out of the public eye," she said, moving towards the safe. "Especially moi!"

"Can't argue with you there," Kermit said.
And the award for best portray of subtle frog jealousy goes to...
I can't argue with that either! But for different reasons!

Piggy reached for the safe's knob and quickly sifted through the combination on the lock. It clicked open and Piggy pulled the door open. She reached inside carefully. Kermit peered around Piggy's shoulder, trying to catch a glimpse of what she could possibly be hiding. All he could see past his beloved was a stack of three gold bricks.

He decided it would be better not to ask.
Oh, too funny... but don't we ALL want to know now? Maybe she doesn't trust the banks... and considering that frog joke, can't blame her for that.

Piggy pulled a shoebox out of the safe. She walked over, her red silk flowing behind her feet. She sat gently down on her bed next to Kermit and layed the box in between them. She put her hands together and held them in her lap, sitting quietly.

Kermit looked at Piggy solemnly. "Piggy...?" he asked quietly.

"Please... just open the box, Kermie," she said softly.
Big deep breath moment here, Prawnie... and the skill in this is REALLY impressive.

Kermit nodded and lifted the lid off the box. He peered inside and looked back at Piggy. "It's... it's just a letter," he said.

"Please..." Piggy whimpered.

Kermit reached inside and pulled out the frail letter. He looked at it for a moment, then began to read it to himself.

Two minutes of silence passed as Kermit scrolled slowly and carefully through the words. He gasped near the end and then set it down carefully back in the box.
Wow, Prawnie... very... subtle, and touching, and really, having a major impact on me. Piggy's very close to my heart... surprise surprise! and so is her childhood, which I have my own theories about. I can't tell you how impressed I am at your broaching this,
and doing it in such a sensitive way.

He looked at his flippers, still silent. "Piggy..." he finally said. "I--I had no idea."

Piggy wiped her eye with her purple gloved hand. "Oh, oh Kermie, it's--it's nothing, really. I--I just wanted you to know."

"Miss Piggy," Kermit said to the whimpering pig, "this--this is your family. Piggy, honey--this is not nothing."

Miss Piggy put the lid back on the shoebox. "No, it is, really," she said, grabbing the box and moving back to the safe and locking it back in.

"But Piggy--"

"Kermie," Piggy snapped, "please don't make this hard, I just--I just needed you to know."
REally touching... elegantly, and simply done. Well done, Prawnie, really.

"Miss Piggy," Kermit said, now standing from the bed. "Talk to me about this. I love you, you love me, we can share this with each other!"

Piggy bit her bottom lip, holding back the tears. "Alright Kermie," she said softly, grabbing his hand and sitting back on the bed.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about this?" Kermit asked.

Piggy wiped her eye and turned away from Kermit. "I--I was... I was ashamed..." she said, hiding her now-flowing tears.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of," Kermit told her softly, caressing her hand. "Nothing at all..."

"There is, though, there is!" Piggy wailed, whipping her face back around to Kermit, her golden hair clouding her vision. "I let it happen! I left them, I could've saved them, but--but I left them!"

Kermit grabbed Miss Piggy's shoulders and turned her towards him. Their eyes met and he kissed her lips forcefully. "You left them to try to help them," he said. "Am I right?"
And all of a sudden, I really believe in this wedding. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was always completely in favour of it... but there's a lot more deep rooted sincerity in their love in this scene than there is in all of MAP, which was very fun and I really enjoyed it. I was not expecting anything so... solemn and true in your writing this Prawnie, and it surprised me. I'm touched, and very impressed.

Piggy sniffed and nodded slowly, a tear rolled down her cheek, leaving a streak down her coat of makeup.

Kermit reached out with his finger and wiped the tear away. "Then you did all you could to save them," he told her. "If you had still been there... im--imagine what could've happened to you too."
<shiver> I've imagined, Kermit. this scene makes me love Kermit even more. He'll be a good husband to her.

"But--but I--"

"You tried," Kermit said, "you did all you could, and they know that. They--they would've been very proud to call you theirs."

Miss Piggy broke down and wrapped her arms tightly around Kermit's neck, sobbing on his shoulder. Kermit ran one hand through her golden locks and another to rub her back.

"I love you, Miss Piggy," Kermit said quietly. "Please... don't ever forget that."
Oh wow... I am just so touched by this, and so excited for their wedding! Now I know they'll have a real marriage in this series.

"I... I love you too, Kermie," Piggy said, pulling back her sobs. She pulled her head up from the frog's shoulder and wiped her eyes. "Don't you forget it, frog!"

Kermit the Frog laughed and smiled happily at Miss Piggy. He held her hand in his and pecked her cheek. "How can I?" he asked. "There's a constant reminder for me everyday in those looks you give me."
Prawnie? I love you. thank you EVER so much for this scene.

Miss Piggy nuzzled her face into Kermit's shoulder and hummed the wedding march. "Don't pretend vous don't enjoy them."

"Oh, I won't," Kermit said.
Wedding march! HA! Beautiful! Oh, we ALL knows he loves it... and he admits to it...Love it!

"Kermie?" Piggy asked.

"Yes, my dearest?" Kermit responded.

"Did we ever pick a date for the wedding?" she asked.

"What wedding?"

"WHAT? !" Piggy shouted, jumping up from the bed. "HI-YA! !"
Yup, they're gonna have a real marriage. Bruises and all!

Kermit flew across the room thanks to the force of Piggy's karate chop, smacking against the wall and falling down to the floor. He shook his head vigorously and mumbled woozily. "Oh yeah... I remember now..." Kermit's head rolled back and he fell face down on the floor.
<laughs> Oh, Kermit... you must be careful about joking with her when you're in arms reach, and Piggy... about taking jokes... remember what you told Kermit earlier?

Miss Piggy rubbed her fist on her chest and smirked. "I may be engaged, but I've still got it, pal!" Piggy tossed her hair behind her head and scoffed. "What wedding my snout," she muttered. "Somebody's getting married, and if it isn't me and the frog, then nobody's getting married!"

~They're finally getting married now!~

THE END
YIPPPEEEE! Can't WAIT! Hurry up and start the next one, Prawnie!
She sure does still got it... and in fact, I'm quite sure, after that display of emotion and vulnerability earlier, that Piggy needed to show it off a bit... more for herself that to convince the frog. She doesn't let her guard down easily or often, our Piggy girl. Love that fire in the belly!

LOVELY job Prawnie! Well and truly!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Great Story!

Ooh, what a fantastic story! I cannot wait for the wedding, I am so excited! I know it's going to be great! Great job! Can't wait for the next installment!:smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, Prawnie this was quite an ending! I'm so excited for their wedding and I love the touching exchange between Kermit and Piggy and her secret about her past and it's just so good! I can't wait for the next installment, so you should get on it! :smile: