Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is saying pantyhose. It is made out of a mesh.
I think the reason people are calling it "pantyhose" is because it's a similar material. Pantyhose looks like mesh close-up.

As I said before... I don't care what it's made out of, as long as it LOOKS like foam. After all, they are advertising them as "Authentic Replicas". There's nothing authentic about Gonzo with a mesh nose.

:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
I saw someone do a photoshop edit on Gonzo in this thread and it made a world of difference. Gonzo's nose needs to have a foam like texture. I mean if they can't make his Nose out of foam, then I don't want to know what they will do to Piggy. Plus the uniform color of the nose as it is just doesn't look right. There has to be a way to mimic the foam look, even if they do some kind textured plastic nose.

Animal is great except for his eyes really. The separation between them looks weird. I do not know if it is just that his eye brow hair is in the way or what but the eyes need to be right next to each other and I think they need to be bigger. Do that and he's perfect. You can fix the hair and such yourself when you get him.

Fozzie is great. Maybe a little less shag would work and perhaps a more pear shaped head (pointier top) but really he is spot on. I'd buy him as is, with ah at of course.

Telly

Reaction score
Not to be pessimistic here, but I'm sure something will be ruined with Fozzie before he comes to our homes. Look at Gonzo for instance.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Not to be pessimistic here, but I'm sure something will be ruined with Fozzie before he comes to our homes. Look at Gonzo for instance.
...and relax Telly. Everything's going to be just fine...

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, Fozzie is a simpler design than Gonzo so there should be less to mess up on him. Gonzo looks off mostly because of the nose, at least to me. Animal's eyes do need a change though. His eyes should be right up against each other, side by side. That wide part in the middle totally throws him off.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
have you seen it close up? Gonzo's nose looks like my Aunt Patty's right calf on a Saturday night.
HAHAHAHAHA! I have seen it close up! HAHA! I noticed the eyes on Animal as well. I forgot to mention it. The eyes should be the area that MR and Disney focus on the most! Eyes are everything in a character! A little bit off and the likeness is gone! Unfortunately all of our complaining won't help Animal. Didn't MR say that the Comic Con version is the final version? Oh well...how sad. As they say..."Close...but no cigar."

MWoO

Reaction score
Thats the final version? Oh no. How could they have gotten the eyes so wrong? They are clearly side by side with no space.

Bear Man

Reaction score
If you go way back into either this thread, or maybe it was one of the others, you'll find a post from Terry commenting on people saying that Animal's eye spacing is too far apart. His reply was that there is a pattern for the eye mechanism that he followed exactly, and that determines the eye spacing. So as far as the patterns go, at least, Animal's eyes are spaced correctly.