1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

'preserved in baggies'

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by CherryPizza, Oct 1, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Hey,

Recent eBay searches :search: have revealed a number of auctions for Palisades collections which have a description that's some variation of: "Never played with or displayed, figures and accessories preserved in baggies, placed into baggies as soon as they were removed from their packaging".

What I don't understand is why someone who is interested in 'preserving' figures would remove them from the original packaging at all. If they are being preserved for collecting purposes, wouldn't it just make sense to keep them MOC?

Can anyone enlighten me?

And while you're at it, can you tell me what a 'baggie' is and how it's different from a 'bag'? I'm imagining it's some sort of USA term that isn't used here.
  2. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea i dont know why they didnt keep the original packaging

but a baggie is like a small paper bag or ziploc and a bag is bigger (i think)
  3. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

that makes sense... kind of like dog is to doggie..
  4. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

A lot of toys are removed from their outer packaging for a number of reasons; usually due to extremely distressed packaging or storage reasons. These typically go for lower costs than those who have retained their packaging, but, if you're looking to actually display or play with the figure than the fig being stored in a baggie shouldn't matter. And, often they are referring to ziplock bags kept in cool, dry place or sealed plastic bags that still allow breathing.
  5. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea doggie doo doo bag are always small
  6. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Wow, this started as a thread about action figures, and turned into a thread about "doggie doo doo"
  7. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

LOL well back to packageing issue
  8. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, before it gets too gross. :concern:
  9. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea we wouldnt want that to happen
  10. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

To be fair, I was talking about size.
    A bag is bigger than a baggie.
    Just like a dog is bigger than a doggie.

I wasn't talking about excrement in the least.
  11. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i know gelfling girl was like replying to my example :o
  12. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

Hmmm

Maybe they are like my buddies Grandma... She has plastic covers over everything...:D
  13. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

(ignoring Gelfing Girl) Diarrhea!