President Obama!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
great to spark debate in this country, but it's also good to have somebody who's actually working for US rather than people who are so far left or right that they lose track of the American people(who I think are more moderate than politicians wanna believe)
Exactly, I think both parties have lost votes over the years from being too extremely right or left. Most people just want to go about their lives in this country. They want justice, but they also just want to be able to afford basic needs, etc.

Sometimes people chose not to vote, not because they're disinterested, but because they see their votes going to the wrong people.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I voted for Obama. Since the election's long since over and I don't have to be impartial about it, I'm okay with sharing my political views now. When I came home from the paper that night, everyone was driving around town, honking their horns and shouting at the top of their lungs.

I was busy on election night, covering the local council race (which didn't get decided for a while). But it was cool, hanging out in the municipal building, watching coverage with the staff and other reporters on NBC, and then scrambling back to the office to file. It's because of that stuff I became a reporter in the first place.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, at least in this country we can say that we do a lot of stupid stuff celebrating but not like they do in the Middle East. I mean, they shoot bullets in the air. Most of us learned a long time ago from Mr. Issac Newton that if we shoot something in the air, chances are it's gonna land right on top of us.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Name two countries that were our enemies during World War II...Sixty-nine percent of respondents correctly identified Germany and Japan. Among the incorrect answers were Britian, China, Russia, Canada, Mexico and Spain.
They answered Britian and Canada? That's just scary. And answering China or Russia just shows their ignorance of the times. The Nazis and Fascists were our enemies in WWII. The Chinese and Russians were Communists, and hated Fascists. (Though you could argue they weren't all that different! :wink: )

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, what I don't get is how come they can get the questions wrong when the rest of us have to get them right, and we are not officials? :confused: