PROTECT your creations!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
As I understand it: Yes. Right now, copyrights keep your work protected even 75 years after your death. If they can't find you to say "no" when they want to use your work for something to make money from, then it's fair game and considered orphaned work.

This just stinks, man. Why can't they leave it alone?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I understand it: Yes. Right now, copyrights keep your work protected even 75 years after your death. If they can't find you to say "no" when they want to use your work for something to make money from, then it's fair game and considered orphaned work.

Finally, you made sense!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

I don't understand what they are worried about? That somebody will sue then it they take their idea so that'll just change the law for their own convenience to avoid that kind of thing from happening? You are right that it does stink.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't understand what they are worried about? That somebody will sue then it they take their idea so that'll just change the law for their own convenience to avoid that kind of thing from happening? You are right that it does stink.
Yep. Again, as Ted Dibiase--and now, Vince McMahon himself--said, "Everybody's got a price". *waits for Vince to give out another million dollars*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
So it's just to stop the flow of lawsuits coming their way? It's like chunk change for them to settle.
But it seems that--sadly--everything to them revolves around the money and the power it takes to attain mass amounts of the greenbacks (for even if the dollar's value is shrinking, it is still needed in the corporate setting) & probably doing more of what Clinton-esque people have done (i.e. using taypayer money & taxes for their own glorification via expensive "gifts" or worldwide trips or whatever).