1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

puppet productions took my money

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Lorcos, Apr 10, 2009.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Anyway, giving the complete benefit of the doubt...this could be a sign of things to come with businesses of all sorts as creditors collect in current struggling financial times. Creditors are getting tougher with their loans. Just has to be said. :sympathy:
  2. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

this thread is annoying me. i'm just mad i didnt get my puppet. and that money could've gone to good use
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Sorry about the rant. It's just my belief that you should get what has been paid for. That's really all. I have been burned before in online sales and therefore feel very passionate about it.

But back to the topic seeing that you did pay for that puppet with a credit or debit card and it was actually charged, you can attempt to get the charges reversed. I really would pursue that option instead of feeling bad or suing anybody. This way is fair and places no blame. You just want the money or the puppet and should get one of them. People get charges reversed all the time.

Someone here could probably hook you up with an alternative puppet company or maybe someone here could actually hand craft something just for you.
  4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i would love to have someone hand craft something for me, cause some of the people on here have amazing skill, but my parents, obviously, wont let me give my home address to just anyone.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That is true. Good call. Well maybe there's an alternative puppet company someone could recommend. Good luck. I hope you somehow get your puppet. :)
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

thanks! :)
  7. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

well R.I.P. puppet productions i'll just go to building my puppets again. puppets inc. does'int even have PUPPETS!
  8. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

I'm Thinking About Suing Them Because They Tried To Make A Replica Of MY Creation! Without Permission. I'll Probebly Sue Puppets Inc. They Have The Rights. I Ordered One And Yes Its A Ripoff Of MY Creation.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i noticed that too. what the heck is up with that?
  10. Jinx

Jinx Member

Well this may explain it a little bit... (from Puppets, Inc.'s website)

"We are slowly building up our business to fill the gap in the puppet world left by the sudden disappearance of Puppet Productions. That being said, we want you to understand it will be slow. We will begin by selling programming and providing some basic puppetry resources. In the months to come we will begin production of high quality puppets, but that, too, will be slow. Please check back often as we expand our line of products as quickly as we possibly can."
  11. acts2lady

acts2lady New Member

me too...:(

I placed a $650.00 order on 1/30/09, paid with paypal, delivery date was scheduled for sometime around 4/14/09. I found out on 3/30/09 that their phones were d/c. 4/1/09 I found out from Desoto police that they were checking possible new locations and by 4/9/09 I found out that it had turned into a civil matter and there was no luck in locating anyone associated with PP.

I ordered a puppetume, black light hoods, black light Frilly, black light balloons and some rods with the rod arm bands. When this whole thing started to go down I just would have been happy getting my puppetume. I planned for over 2 yrs to order and pay for that mascot costume and was really excited about having that to use at outdoor events and kid's crusades.

I'm so disappointed but I have taken notes along the way but haven't gotten any new information since 5/14/09. Paypal only give 45 days to file a dispute and they didn't care that I wouldn't have known at 45 days that I wasn't going to receive my product. UG!

If anyone has any info that will help me recover my $650.00 or possibly my puppetume please contact me and let me know.​

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

12. wes

wes Active Member

Dude,

I wish I could help puppet productions!
  13. Tyconia

Tyconia New Member

I ordered $700.00+ in products with a bank issued cashier's check. I contacted PP in March to see how the order was coming, told it will be to me by End of March. April rolled around...nothing. Attempted to contact PP using every email or account they have ever had since they have been on the web. Mailed them a couple of letters...even to the owners personal address. :search:Even found the owners personal email. I recieved no response, no explaination.

Working to file charges tomorrow.