Question about the release of "The Lorax" in March 2012

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have not seen Yogi bear, but I don't think I want to. The reason I hate the Scooby Doo movie is because I loved the original. Scrappy Doo as villian was a terrible idea.
I loved the original too, that's why I liked some of the in jokes, lol. But the movie wasn't that tightly written either; it was just all over the place.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I loved the original too, that's why I liked some of the in jokes, lol. But the movie wasn't that tightly written either; it was just all over the place.
I agree. The man who played Shaggy was quite good though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The movie tries far too hard to parody itself at EVERY moment. They had to throw in all the old jokes that college kids already exhausted (Shaggy's a stoner, Velma's a lesbian... stuff like that), and they turned the whole first movie into an attempt to do The Brady Bunch movies, 'cept with the Scooby gang. The second was much clearer in their narrative, and more of a tribute instead of a lame parody.

But the Yogi movie was worse. It was dreadfully dull without a single laugh in it for anyone over the age of 3. It suffered from a cliche ridden script, using the old Chestnut of having an endangered species the only reason someone doesn't shut down the park, ending with the even more overused The old "get the villain to state his plan while secretly video taping and or audio recording him saying it" trick. In fact the only reason the film's Mary Sue was even useful is that she had the camera that did that.

But I can't fault Yogi and BooBoo, because they were spot on. The human actors desperately wanted to be in any other movie but this one. And Ranger Smith not only had a pointless Mary Sue love interest (that took up entirely too much of the movie, that was only added in because every single girl is a lovestruck moron that needs to keep seeing clumsy love stories in things that don't need them... at least according to 50 year old white guys who still use the word "Bling")... he also had a pointless well meaning but idiotic assistant that sort of assisted the bad guy but had a change of heart 10 minutes later... all the humans besides Ranger Smith and the villain were completely useless. And they still had more screen time than the titular characters.