1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Question about World's Oldest Fraggle

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Princeton Guest

Does anyone know why in Season One he was voiced by Jerry, but in later episodes he was voiced by Dave? Personally, I like Jerry's voice for him better.
  2. Giar Fraggle Member

Didn't Dave perform him in the first season as well? I clearly remember a few first-season episodes where he sounds very much like Dave.

(Although, I do seem to remember one episode where he sounded more like Jerry...don't know how to explain that.)
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Dave performed him in the first season as well. In "Capture the Moon," Boober's probably not present because The World's Oldest has such a big part.
  4. Princeton Active Member

But I know for a fact that in Episode #6, he was played by Jerry.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I think you're right, I hadn't noticed that before.
  6. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, I never noticed it before. I'll have to rewatch that one!
  7. Collgoff Well-Known Member

Why would the world's oldest Fraggle would always hit Henchy Fraggle with his seapter?
    I mean that's not very nice!
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Episode #6 of what season? Episode 6 of the first season is "Preachification of Convincing John" the World's oldest Fraggle isn't in that one.
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen the episode in awhile, but isn't there a sort of Proto-World's Oldest Fraggle character in the episode?
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Well, there's a character that Jerry plays called "The Judge" who's the guy that tries to get Mokey to let them take back their oath. But he doesn't look anything like WOF. They may have been going for that at the time (I can't say though). But he's not the same character.
    heralde likes this.
  11. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, WOF never appeared in episode #6. As far as I know, Dave has performed him in every appearance.
  12. bandit Well-Known Member

Yeah, gotta say I thought it was Dave all along. o.o
  13. Hubert Well-Known Member

Since you just did it I might as well ask this long stumping question for me:

What exactly does O_O and o.o mean? I've never figured it out.
  14. bandit Well-Known Member

That's a look of shock or surprise or sometimes just blank. Its an old RP habit.
    :confused: <--- 'huh?!' Face. Wide eyes and a pursed mouth. o.o <-- somewhat blank or like...blink blink.
    lol The abridged version is that they are smilies. ^_^ <--- a smile.
  15. bandit Well-Known Member

Oh of course it translates it during my demonstration!

Oh whatever. Lol you get the idea.
  16. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get it now. I'm not into all these little symbols and word abbreviations and whatnot. I mean, can we please just spend the two extra letters to use "you" or capitalize your "I"?
  17. bandit Well-Known Member

For the most part, I agree. Admittedly, when I'm on my droid at work...then I do the quick and dirty version.
  18. Princeton Active Member

Chalk this up to shameless lack of knowledge: I started this thread way before I had seen episodes like "Fraggle Wars" or "Capture the Moon" that feature the *actual* WOF. However, I had seen "Preachification" and had assumed (probably for no reason other than convenience) that the Judge was WOF. Thank you all for the clarification, but now I just look back at this thread with embarassment.
  19. bandit Well-Known Member

Aww, don't sweat it! Happens all the time. It's no big deal.*slaps ya on the back all chummy-like* We won't beat ya for that. ^_-
  20. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I actually sorta made the same mistake in my mind. I saw thie episode then the ones with WOF. Then looking back I thought WOF and the Judge were the same guys. I also thought that of the guys that sings "and we'll toast our toes and we'll all suppose that you someohw blundered through" in Catch a tail by the Tiger. It wasn't until I watched both episodes again that I realized they were all different guys. That's one of the fun things about watching series though soemtimes.