Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was some stupid sitcom about couples in various stages of marriage. It lasted a year on ABC. It was awful.

And Partners... UGH! How do those guys keep getting work? They've never had a successful sitcom other than Will and Grace... and that's an overrated, loud program on its own. Partners mercifully lasted less than a year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How about this?

If Star Trek fans are called Trekkies, why aren't Star Wars fans called Warzies? Or...or anything for that matter.

And what do you call Scooby-Doo fans? Scooby-Doobies? Dooheads? How come Bronies, Trekkies, and Deadheads are the only fan base that has a nickname? And on the subject of Hasbro, do you call G.I. Joe fans Joes?
There's actually a lot more fan nicknames than you may realize, it's just that some of them aren't official, or set in stone, though some are.

For example:
Muppet fans are unofficially officially known as Muppet Freaks (which originated here of all places).
Alvin and The Chipmunk fans are unofficially known as Chipaholics.
M*A*S*H fans are unofficially known as M*A*S*Hers.
Kathy Greenwood fans tried coining the nickname Greenwood Gang.
Greg Proops refers to his fans as Ocelots.
Sid & Marty Krofft fans have an official nickname known as Kroffters.
Katy Perry fans are officially known as Katy Kats.
Lady Gaga fans are officially known as Monsters.
Fan girls who are obsessive compulsive about anime are known as Otakus.
Kardashian fans are known as menaces to society.

Those are just a few that I know of.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
There's actually a lot more fan nicknames than you may realize, it's just that some of them aren't official, or set in stone, though some are.

For example:
Muppet fans are unofficially officially known as Muppet Freaks (which originated here of all places).
Alvin and The Chipmunk fans are unofficially known as Chipaholics.
M*A*S*H fans are unofficially known as M*A*S*Hers.
Kathy Greenwood fans tried coining the nickname Greenwood Gang.
Greg Proops refers to his fans as Ocelots.
Sid & Marty Krofft fans have an official nickname known as Kroffters.
Katy Perry fans are officially known as Katy Kats.
Lady Gaga fans are officially known as Monsters.
Kardashian fans are known as menaces to society.

Those are just a few that I know of.
Don't forget the KISS Army!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Craig Ferguson refers to his audience as 'Hobos', and to his fans as the 'Robot Skeleton Army'. Not sure which one is cooler, but I'm going with the Robot one.

Daniel

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The more I look at the snowman, the less he looks like one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The word "Otaku" is thrown around with no meaning in this country. It's like the term "gamer" being used because someone plays Halo on occasion. Real Otakus, Japanese ones, are insanely obsessive. Much more obsessive than any American fan of anime. They're the standard "Basement Dweller" nerds that will collect EVERYTHING. And consider the fact that Japanese DVD's are a frightful more expensive and you get much less out of them. A complete series box set would set you back well over a Thousand American Dollars. They think nothing of that. They're like the most rigid stereotype of hardcore Star Trek fan you could imagine, a thousand fold. Anime fan girls are positively posers compared to actual Otaku.