Questions about anything

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Gladys (the cafeteria lady) was dropped half way through Season 3 of The Muppet Show

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've heard a few times about people watching shows or movies ironically. So how does one watch something "ironically"?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read that one song in South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was going to be titled... Err, it was going to be called the MF word, but then it would have been rated NC-17 unless they changed the "Mother" part of the title, so the song title had "Uncle" instead of "Mother". So... Anybody know why that would have given the movie an NC-17 rating? I thought the NC-17 rating was just for movies that showed too much sex, so why would it make a difference if the dialogue was referring to mother or uncle? They're still repeating the F word in the song (not to mention in the movie) quite a bit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There have been times when I recorded something off TV, taping over something that was already there (for a number of reasons), only to also tape over stuff that came later (or parts of things that came later) on the same tape. So when you record over things on tape, does it record faster than it did? Is it a case of recording different things on different VCRs (I think the recording speed or amount of storage can vary depending on the VCR)? Of course one thing that didn't occur to me until recently was the possibility of maybe not accounting for how much commercial time was previously recorded, if maybe I was recording over something that I didn't record the commercials on but kept in the commercials this time (and vice-versa).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Been thinking about the infamous "Desert Bus" mini-game from the unreleased Sega CD game Penn and Teller's Smoke and Mirrors. The mini-game involves driving a bus down a single road for 8 hours (and probably the only '90s game to not have a pause feature) without anything interesting happening.

Anyway, considering that game involves a straight, non-turning road that lasts eight hours, I've been wondering, what road in the United States holds the record for longest continuous road without being able to turn?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember seeing an episode of a show on The Disney Channel in 1991, but I can't remember what the show was called. I know it featured some kind of animals, but can't remember what animals.

Here's what I remember about the episode: A kid character wants a dog, but his parents won't get him one, because when he was younger he had a fish who died because he was irresponsible. One of the kids friends decided to let him take care of his dog, to give him a chance to prove he can be responsible. At one point somebody offers to give the kid a tour of some place, but dogs are not allowed, so the kid irresponsibly leaves the dog there, and the dog gets in. And of course the kid doesn't get to have a dog because of this.

I recently looked at a list of animated shows that aired on The Disney Channel at the time, and it looked like it might be The Raccoons... The designs looked right, but I looked at the episode guide, and couldn't find an episode that matched the plot (and in the characters list couldn't find any kid characters that could be the kid from this episode).

Anybody know what show this is? Was I just not reading the Wikipedia pages well enough?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you make an online purchase with a prepaid credit card, do you need to have an account with whatever website you're shopping from?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
If you make an online purchase with a prepaid credit card, do you need to have an account with whatever website you're shopping from?

I don't know for sure, but I think you would need one should you want a refund if what you order gets lost in the mail or turns out to be shipped incorrectly.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Depends on the website or who the seller is. Usually they list the payment options, terms, shipping costs, all that fun stuff. If you contact the seller, they should give you all the details.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Depends on the website or who the seller is. Usually they list the payment options, terms, shipping costs, all that fun stuff. If you contact the seller, they should give you all the details.

Any idea if this applies to Amazon or eBay?

On a similar note, do you need an account to use prepaid cards to download from the Nintendo eShop?