Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes, however, the contemporary references do a service by bringing newer audiences to the original work . . . Nostalgia Critic is an example of this, reminding people of movies or shows that time had forgotten, and there are some people out there who are willing to check them out to develop their own opinions on them, despite the majority of the fan base being like, "This movie sucks, Nostalgia Critic said so."

Time for a new question: if Donkey is color blind, how did he know Shrek is green?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm just curious...what's the highest number of alerts any of you have gotten on here before hovering over the Alerts button to make them disappear? I'm attempting a record at the moment and I'm up to 91 right now.
Up to 102 now! Finally for the first time have gotten alerts past the 100 mark!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a KENAN & KEL episode where they housesit for Chris while he's on vacation, but Kenan forgets until the day Chris is supposed to return. After Kel messes everything up, they're faced with the task of replaced the dead house plants, cleaning out the fish tank, fixing a broken bowl, oboe, and trophy - all of which Kenan adds to his to-do list. At first, they had about four hours until Chris came home, and at one point, they leave (presumably to go to the store to buy new plants, but it's never specified) - when they return, nothing has been scratched off Kenan's to-do list, and in fact, they still have to fix everything, but now, Chris is expected home in an hour. So where did Kenan and Kel go for three hours, and what were they even doing all that time?

Schfifty

Reaction score
So, you know how in Dexter's Laboratory, he had all those signs on his bedroom door, like the STOP sign and the no symbol with Dee Dee's shadow? There apparently was also one that said "NO UVAS". What the heck does that mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, "Uvas No" is "No Grapes" in Spanish, and was apparently some kind of a grape boycott that Cesar Chavez led that apparently didn't go over too well.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Interesting. Well, why it's on the door of a scientist boy genius, I have no idea. They probably just decided to put another sign on and thought of some "No ... whatever" phrase that was popular at the time, I dunno.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A lot of people think Dexter is a new word, coined by the cartoon. No, it was around a lot longer.

In the early 60's, there was a series of Felix the Cat cartoons, and his sidekick was named Poindexter. Brainy kid who could build flying saucers, antigravity belts, and neat space-age crap like that.

In high school, the brainy kids were called dexters. The ones who were destined to go to Ivy League schools and become nuclear physicists.
Me, I joined a band. 8)