Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That . . . makes no sense. I mean, my ten-year-old Panasonic is also an "HD" TV, but its sharpness can go all the way up to 100%, and it actually does improve the picture quality - certainly a lot clearer than either of these newer sets.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you need to manually adjust your tv's settings a lot to actually get the picture clear. And you need to be watching an HD channel. most tv channels, believe it or not, are still SD. You also CANNOT be using AV cables. You NEED component cables or hdmi cables, otherwise the picture will be blurry no matter what you do. There's so many things to take into consideration with hdtvs. its not just plug in a wire and you're set like old tvs.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZvZA7QBVMl1/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_signalquality.html

Sharpness could more accurately be called "artificial edge enhancement," and generally only improves the look of lower-quality signals like standard broadcast, cable, and satellite programs. Increasing the sharpness is like turning up the treble control on your receiver; you may think you're getting more detail, but the result is definitely not more accurate. Having Sharpness set too high often creates halos around the edges of objects onscreen. Many DVD movies already have edge-enhancement added during mastering, so you can generally turn Sharpness nearly to zero for your DVD input. Sharpness is also not needed for most HDTV sources.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What do you guys do when your life gets really boring? When everything just feels so flat and repetitive, when you're doing the same thing over and over again, and you start to feel depressed because your life is going nowhere?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
What do you guys do when your life gets really boring? When everything just feels so flat and repetitive, when you're doing the same thing over and over again, and you start to feel depressed because your life is going nowhere?
That's happened to me before, and what I suggest doing is do something out of your comfort zone or something you wouldn't normally do. Idk what that would be for you, but that's certainly helped me when I feel like my life is a broken record.
I die and get reborn into a new form.
Good answer. In fact disregard what I just said, this is better. :wink:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's happened to me before, and what I suggest doing is do something out of your comfort zone or something you wouldn't normally do. Idk what that would be for you, but that's certainly helped me when I feel like my life is a broken record.
Thanks. This actually helps a lot. When you've been stuck for so long, your brain gets kind of scattered and it's hard to no where to start.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Here’s a question for everyone: what do you think of Satanism and Satanists?