Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count, here are some more! :smile:

Julius the Spoonbill was a white spoonbill with an orange spoon-shaped beak and he had a quacking sounding voice by Bill Barretta.

Yorick the Salmon was a green and yellow salmon with red and black spots and had a Russian accent. I'm guessing John Eccleston.

Cody the Colobus Monkey was a black and white fuzzy monkey with a black face and had a wild sounding British accent. (puppeteer unknown.) Maybe John Eccleston?

Quincy the Flying Squirrel was a small round brown and white squirrel with a voice that sounds like Armstrong, only lighter. (I'm guessing Bill Barretta.)

Have a good weekend. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks again Deanmo 19. :smile:

And here are some more descriptions.

Kiki the Rattlensake was the same as Victor only she had a girl's voice by Lousie Gold.

Hortense the Hornbill had a yellow head with white around her eyes, a yellow beak with black stripes and a black feathered body and had a proper British accent by Louise Gold.

Winston the Woodpecker was a black and white bird with a black beak with yellow between his eyes and red on his back head. And he had a deep southern voice by John Eccleston.

Sandy the Giant Otter was a brown otter with a white front and had a light teenage girl's voice by Katherine Smee.

Melanie the Mink was a dark brown mink with white between her eyes and had a deep sounding valley girl voice. Probably by John Eccleston.

Ernie the Mongoose was a dark yellow mongoose with a deep cultural sounding voice by John Eccleston. And he tried to take over the entire show by pushing aside Stinky and Jake to talk to the next guest himself which was...

Kyle the Secretary Bird who had white feathers and black quil feathers on the back of his head, orange eye lining, a silver beak, and black wings and a tail. And he had a Jimmy Durante voice by either Dave Goelz or Bill Barretta. I'm not sure which one.

Gilda the Gorilla was just Lenny the Gorilla reused, only she was voiced by Louise Gold.

Malcolm the Lion was also Chuck the Lion reused, and he sounded like Bobo the Bear. (Bill Barretta.)

Corneilous the Crab was a green crab with orange pinchers and brown and green striped legs. And he sounded like Jackie Mason. (Bill Barretta.)

Alicia the Snail was a brown snail with black dots for eyes and had a yellow shell with brown spots. And had a slow sounding voice by Louise Gold.

Sasha the Siberian Tiger was just Jarret the Tiger reused. Only she had a squeaky Russian accent by Katherine Smee.

Andrew the Reindeer was a brown reindeer with a black nose, white horns and a white chest and had a Scandivanian accent by John Eccleston.

Timothy the Owl was just Hillary the Owl reused. Only he had a Eurpoean accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Mavis the Frog was just Leapovich reused. Only she had a loud fun loving voice by Louise Gold.

And that's it for tonight. See you soon. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks Xerus, this is just the type of explosion I knew you had in you and was waiting to get out. Gotta check just how much of Season 3 is still left, guess I shouldn't have started recalibrating the listing's numbering.

Anyway, couple of questions.
1 The frog from Episode 42, is its name correctly spelled/pronounced as "Mavis" or "Namis"?
2 The crab from Episode 41, is its name correctly spelled/pronounced as "Cornelious" or "Cornelius"?
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great Labor Day holiday tomorrow.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Wow! Thanks Xerus, this is just the type of explosion I knew you had in you and was waiting to get out. Gotta check just how much of Season 3 is still left, guess I shouldn't have started recalibrating the listing's numbering.

Anyway, couple of questions.
1 The frog from Episode 42, is its name correctly spelled/pronounced as "Mavis" or "Namis"?
2 The crab from Episode 41, is its name correctly spelled/pronounced as "Cornelious" or "Cornelius"?
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great Labor Day holiday tomorrow.
Hey Count. Happy Labor Day to you too. :smile:

I had a lot of time to watch some Animal Show episodes this weekend. :smile:

And I believe the frog's name was pronounced /ma-vis/.

And I believe the pronounciation is /kor-neel-yus/. But I have no idea how it's spelled. Sorry. They don't give out name spellings on the show.

Anyway, have a nice day Count. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Xerus. The reason I asked about the frog from Season 3 is cause my trusted source said it was "Namis", but I'll go with "Mavis" as you've says it as I think it to be correctly is when the crab's name is spelled "Cornelius" so I'll got with that spelling.
Well, half Season 3 down, another half left to go.
Have a great holiday and looking forward to the next batch of descripts.indicated. And the way my computer

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count. :smile:

Here are some more.

Paul the Pelican was a white pelican with a big yellow beak and had a funny sounding voice. (puppeteer unknown.)

Julie the Flamingo was a dark pink bird with a white beak that's black at the tips and yellow eyes. And she had a proper English voice by Louise Gold.

Warren the Wart Hog was just Bernice reusued. Only he had a guy's voice. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Allana the Baboon was just Boscoe reused. Only she had a Spanish voice by Louise Gold.

Stanley the Mouse was a small brown mouse with a white face and orange stomach and had a cute British accent. I'm guessing John Eccleston since Bill Barretta did an owl who wanted to eat Stanley.

Molly the Albatros was a white bird with a yellow beak and she had a southern accent by Katherine Smee.

Harvey the Hummingbird was a small green and yellow bird with a red chin, black beak, and flapping wings and was perched on yellow flowers in a pot brought in by Bunny. And had a squeaky sounding voice. (Puppeteer unknown.)

And that's it for tonight. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Xerus. You say that Bill Baretta performed an owl who wanted to eat Stanley the Mouse? Might that have been Timothy from Episode 42? Or was it a completely different character? If so, include him in your next batch of descripts.
Don't know why, but I kinda expected the albatross to be named Ulysses. Oh well, just a few more episodes left to see whether there's a U-named and/or an X-named character to see if we get a complete alphabet in this zoo.
Have a great night, and rest up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick follow-up question.
Is the name of the babboon from Episode 45: "Allana" as you believe, "Alana" as others might think, or "Awanna" as submitted by my source?
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Quick follow-up question.
Is the name of the babboon from Episode 45: "Allana" as you believe, "Alana" as others might think, or "Awanna" as submitted by my source?
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.
I don't know how it was spelled. But I believe her name was pronounced /uh-laah-naah/.

And the owl that chased Stanley was the same Muppet they used for Hillary and Timothy. But I believe this was another owl, since this owl didn't have a European accent like Timothy had.

Also there was a snake and a fox that was after Stanley as well. The snake was the same one used for Victor and Kiki. And this snake was voiced by Katehrine Smee.

And the fox was Virginia the Red Fox reused and was voiced by Louise Gold, but with a different voice from Virginia's British accent.

And I'm not sure if there was ever any animals that had U or X names.

Now I'm gonna give you some more descriptions in my next post. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
And here are more descriptions.

Vic the Monitor Lizard was a blue scaled lizard with a light pink belly and had a tough sounding voice by Louise Gold.

Frankie the Crocodile was Sly the Crocodile reused and had a New York accented voice by Bill Barretta.

Andrew the Whale was Inidra the Whale reused only he had a deep sounding voice, I'm guessing John Eccleston, and he was in the same tank Inidra was in. Only it was leaky.

Hector the Spider Monkey was a black furry monkey with a yellow face and ears and he had a teenage Spanish accented voice. I'm guessing John Eccleston.

Mel the Lemur was Billy Bob reused. Only he had a rock star sounding voice. I'm guessing Bill Barretta.

Barry the Honey Bee was a yellow and black hand puppet bee with a black face and had a squeaky voice like Harvey the Hummingbird. (Puppeteer unknown.) And he had to be broadcast live in a field of flowers.

Priscilla the Honey Possum was a very tiny gray furry possum with a white stomach and had a squeaky Austrailian accent. I'm guessing Katherine Smee.

Just 5 more shows to watch and I'll be done. :smile:

See ya' Count. :smile:

Xerus