Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks once again pal. Will go with Alana, since that seems to make the most sense to me regarding the spelling, and due to your access to how the name was pronounced from the episode itself.
Virginia the Fox eh? Hmm, must be the one from the episode guest starring "Coyote/Fox".
Well, guess I'll just leave these accessory characters who chased after Stanley out of the listings for now. Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here you go Count. My final Animal Show descriptions. :smile:

Max the Wasp was Winnie reused. Only he sounded like Armstrong. (Bill Barretta.)

Morris the Ant was Nemets reused. Only he had a deep cultural sounding voice. (John Eccleston.)

Bart the Coyote had tan fur with a white stomach and had a wild west accent. I'm guessing Bill Barretta.

Virginia the Red Fox was a red/brown fox with a white mouth and stomach and had a British accent by Louise Gold. And the fox Muppet was reused for the Stanley the Mouse episode.

Gallahad the Grasshopper Mouse was a gold/brown mouse with a white stomach and had a tough Humphrey Bogart like voice by Bill Barretta.

Stella the Stoat was a yellow stoat with a white stomach and had a hissing British sounding voice and liked to hiss vicously a lot. I'm guessing Katherine Smee.

Larry the Fish was a gray angler fish with a glowing antenna, big lips filled with teeth. (Puppeteer unknown.) And he was in the same huge tank the two whale guests were in.

Pearl the Pika was a small light brown pika with a dark brown back, a white stomach and had a squeaky Southern accented voice. I think Katherine Smee did her.

Charlie the Chamois was a brown and white chamois with a surfer's voice. I'm thinking Bill Barretta.

And I believe that's all the animals I described on the show. I hope this helps you out a lot. :smile:

Sincerely,
Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thumbs Up!!!

Thank you Xerus, you've been most helpful. Will finish cleaning up this batch and will send them to my source so he can have them in his website also. BTW: A stoat is basically an ermine in its summer clothes, or a summertime weasel with a black tipped tail.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thumbs Up!!!

Thank you Xerus, you've been most helpful. Will finish cleaning up this batch and will send them to my source so he can have them in his website also. BTW: A stoat is basically an ermine in its summer clothes, or a summertime weasel with a black tipped tail.
Your welcome Count. I was happy to help you out. :smile: To answer your question. A stoat is a cousin to the weasel. And when either of these animals turn white in the winter, they're given the name ermine. And only stoats have black tipped tales, but weasels don't.

It was nice sharing descriptions with you. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
I guess you're forgetting Zack the Arctic Fox, Doreen the Camel, Lulu the Potto, and Jackie the Orangutan. (all from season two)
I have Zack's and Doreen's descrpitions on page 4 of this post and Jackie's and Lulu's on page 5.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, every character from JHAS has been dutifully described by Xerus. And you've helped out too Deanmo with the names of some of the performers. Have a great weekend, what's left of it anyway, and see you guys on the boards.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, wanted to let you know that ML 13.0's been posted and I gave you a credit as a trusty source there. However, MuppetDude, another one of my sources brought up the fact that there are some JHAS characters from Rhonda Rat's interviews missing. He mentioned the following specifically: The Badger, Lawrence the Orangutan, and Pavlov the Pug. Was wondering if you could go back to the Season 3 episodes and find all the characters interviewed by Rhonda Rat, and post descripts of them here like the others you posted.
Would appreciate the help in rounding out the JHAS cast, and hope to hear from you soon.
Have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, wanted to let you know that ML 13.0's been posted and I gave you a credit as a trusty source there. However, MuppetDude, another one of my sources brought up the fact that there are some JHAS characters from Rhonda Rat's interviews missing. He mentioned the following specifically: The Badger, Lawrence the Orangutan, and Pavlov the Pug. Was wondering if you could go back to the Season 3 episodes and find all the characters interviewed by Rhonda Rat, and post descripts of them here like the others you posted.
Would appreciate the help in rounding out the JHAS cast, and hope to hear from you soon.
Have a good night.
Hi Count. :smile:

I'm sorry I didn't give you the Rhonda the Rat report animals. They were just basically the same animal guests only with different voices. But when I get time, I'll go back and give you the list. It might be a while though.

And thank you for giving me credit too. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are all the animals Rhonda the Rat interviewed. Most of them were reused guest animals.

Jaguar and Tortoise: Rhonda first interviewed Penelope the Tortoise and then Jasper the Jaguar.
Spoonbill and Salmon: Rhonda first interviewed Ernie the Mongoose(puppeteer unknown) while a badger was bugging Rhonda and then a red fish(puppeteer unknown.)
Colobus Monkey and Flying Squirrel: Rhonda first interviewed Charolette the Penguin(Katherine Smee) and then Quincy the Flying Squirrel, probably Bill Barretta.
Rattlesnake: Rhonda first interviewed Nico the Marine Iguana (KS) and then Hortense the Hornbill(KS). This episode also featured Jackie the Orangutan now called Lawrence who delivered a package to Armstrong.(puppeteer unknown)
Hornbill and Woodpecker: Rhonda first interviewed a yellow shaggy dog (Steve Whitmire) and then Morley the Mole (Dave Goelz).
Giant Otter and Mink: Rhonda first interviewed Bart the Coyote(puppeteer unknown) and then Paul the Pelican (DG).
Mongoose and Secretary Bird: Rhonda first interviewed a rainbow colored snake (SW) but the second interview got sydincation cutted so I don’t know who the second animal was.
Gorilla and Lion: First Melane the Mink wanted to get interviewed, but Rhonda instead moved to Lamont the Sloth(puppeteer unknown) and then she interviewed Randall the Zebra (puppeteer unknown.)
Siberian Tiger and Reindeer: Rhonda first interviewed Pavlov a tan pug dog with a brown collar(DG) and then Guffrey the Vulture (SW.)
Crab and Snail: Rhonda first interviewed Hector the Spider Monkey(puppeteer unknown) and then Hillary the Owl(puppeteer unknown)
Owl and Frog; Rhonda first interviewed Hector the Spider Monkey (KS) and then Doreen the Camel (KS).
Indian Elephant and Human: Rhonda first interviewed Randal the Zebra(puppeteer unknown) and then Kyle the Secretary Bird (KS).
Pelican and Flamingo: Rhonda first interviewed Pavlov the Pug Dog(SW) and then Virginia the Red Fox (DG) and it also featured a pink pig wearing blue flannel pants who wanted Stinky to teach him how to eat like a pig.(puppeteer unknown.)
Wart Hog and Baboon: Rhonda first interviewed Rhonda the Raccoon (puppeteer unknown) and then Frankie the Wilderbeast (puppeteer unknown)
Mouse: Rhonda first interviewed Swifty the Cheetah (KS) and then Victor the Rattlesnake (puppeteer unknown)
Albatross and Hummingbird: Rhonda first interviewed a yellow shaggy dog (puppeteer unknown) and then Jake who happened to pass by.
Monitor Lizard and Crocodile: Rhonda first interviewed Milton the Booby with a girl's voice(puppeteer unknown) and then the same Booby again.
Whale: Rhonda first interviewed Quincy the Flying Squirrel (SW) and then a yellow fish (DG)
Spider Monkey and Lemur: Rhonda first interviewed Molly the Albatross(KS) while a black and white cat was picking on Rhonda and then Penelope the Tortoise(puppeteer unknown)while a Badger was bothering Rhonda.
Honey bee and Honey Possum: They had 3 judges on the show. Sly the Crocodile, Travis the African Buffalo and Guffery the Vulture (puppeteers unknown) and Rhonda first interviewed Guffrey and then Sly.
Wasp and Ant: Rhonda first interviewed a brown, black, and white anteater (KS) and then Sean the Rabbit (puppeteer unknown)
Coyote and Red Fox: Rhonda interviewed Dullard since no other animals were around and then a black and white cat (puppeteer unknown.)
Grasshopper Mouse and Stoat: Rhonda first interviewed Cody the Colobus Monkey(puppeteer unknown) and then Nico the Marine Iguana (puppeteer unknown.)
Fish: Rhonda first interviewed Winston the Woodpecker(puppeteer unknown) and the second interview was syndication cutted.
Pika and Chamois: Rhonda first interviewed Bernice the Wart Hog(puppeteer unknown) and then Humphrey the Badger(DG)
Sam the Eagle: Rhonda first interviewed Gallahad the Grasshopper Mouse(KS) and the second interview as syndication cutted.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Xerus. Question time again. Since I added "The Badger" to the listings, was wondering if you could help with the following. Based on your list, there are seven unknown non-named characters to add. Here's what I got.
1 Red Fish.
2 Yellow Fish.
3 Rainbow-Colored Snake.
4 Black and white cat.
5 Brown, black and white anteater.
6 Pink pig.
7 Yellow shaggy dog.
How do you think it would be best to add these characters? Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good weekend.