Questions we may never know the answer

Censored

Reaction score
Kermit was in a few street segments. In the early 70's, Susan put him to bed on the window sill because he was sick. Kermit did a "One of These Things" skit in the street with Susan. He was in the street on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." He was also in the street as a reporter when Slimey was coming down from the moon. (If you count Gordon and Susan's apartment as a "street" scene, Kermit was there in the very first episode too.) There were probably other times.

The only time I remember Roosevelt Franklin in a street scene was in a mid seventies episodes that opened with a bunch of the characters reciting the alphabet with the first letter in their names. However, there have been more that I just don't know about.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
AmazingMumford said:
The question about Kermit being part of the plot of a show, I have a fuzzy memory on. It seems like I remember an episode in the early 80's when it was Luis's Birthday and Kermit wanted to make Luis a cake, but he had never baked one before, but tried anyways and the cake turned out to be terrible, but Luis didn't want to hurt his feelings. Now I don't know if I dreamed this up or what. But I'm thinking it could have been Telly and not Kermit.
I would say your memory is probably playing tricks on you. If it's from the early 80s as you say, it's unlikely that it would have been Kermit. In the early years of the show Jim Henson's characters, like Kermit and Ernie did appear often in street scenes, but from the mid 70s onward, when The Muppet Show went into production and the Henson company started doing Muppet Movies and other projects, he couldn't committ the same time to Sesame Street anymore. Given that plus the fact that he also had to deal with all the complications of running a growing business, it's no wonder that his characters rarely, if ever, appeared in street scenes.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
AmazingMumford said:
There are probably many other times Snuffy's cave was shown on the show. These are the only ones I can remember right off hand. Does anyone else know of any others?
You don't see the cave, but they do show his mail-box and area around his cave in "Follow that Bird".

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
You don't see the cave, but they do show his mail-box and area around his cave in "Follow that Bird".
Isn't the cave also in a near-by (to SS) park?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
more questions

I have some questions that we may never know the answers to (of course, i don't have noggin, so I am just assuming that these were not answered in Sesame Street Unpaved).

did proffessor hastings, harvey kneeslapper, deena, pearl, little jerry, herbert birdsfoot or guy smiley ever star in any street plots?

were there any gags involving deena and pearl thinking that they might have seen mr. snuffleupagus? (after all, their sketches involved using their imagination, so they might have seen snuffy but though they were imagining things)

has herry monsters stripped pants (which he normally wears in illustrations) ever been shown on sesame street?

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I have some questions that we may never know the answers to (of course, i don't have noggin, so I am just assuming that these were not answered in Sesame Street Unpaved).

did proffessor hastings, harvey kneeslapper, deena, pearl, little jerry, herbert birdsfoot or guy smiley ever star in any street plots?

With some of those muppets, the answer is definitely yes. Harvey Kneeslapper was in a street skit where he put confetti in Molly the Mail Lady's hat as a prank, however, the tables got turned on him.

Little Jerry and the Monotones was in a late 80's skit where they came to Sesame Street and talked to Gina, their number one fan. Gina got so excited, she fainted in David's arms.

Herbert Birdsfoot was in a skit with Big Bird when they talked about the "an" family.

I don't know about the others.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:

were there any gags involving deena and pearl thinking that they might have seen mr. snuffleupagus? (after all, their sketches involved using their imagination, so they might have seen snuffy but though they were imagining things)

has herry monsters stripped pants (which he normally wears in illustrations) ever been shown on sesame street?
Yes, the mysterious striped pants. Herry does always wear those pants in illustrations, and my Herry beanie babie is wearing them, but I'm not sure if Herry (as a Muppet on the show) was ever seen wearing them. We rarely see him below the chest anyway. Does he ever wear them. I remember seeing him in the end of "The Street We Live On" where the cast is singing that song and he is seen full body sitting on the stoop. He isn't wearing pants there. What is the story with those pants?

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yes, the mysterious striped pants. Herry does always wear those pants in illustrations, and my Herry beanie babie is wearing them, but I'm not sure if Herry (as a Muppet on the show) was ever seen wearing them. We rarely see him below the chest anyway. Does he ever wear them. I remember seeing him in the end of "The Street We Live On" where the cast is singing that song and he is seen full body sitting on the stoop. He isn't wearing pants there. What is the story with those pants?

In just about every Sesame Street book with Herry from the mid-seventies to the present showed him in those pants, although at least one time, I remember that they were polka dots instead of stripes. One Sesame book that does NOT have Herry in his famous pants is "The Together Book" from 1971. Personally, I never cared for the pants; I'm glad the TV show didn't play along. But, that's just me. I even preferred it when he had a blue and furry nose. I've thought about writing some fan fiction called "The Adventures of Herry Monster When His Nose Was Blue and Furry and He Had No Pants!"

It could work... :zany:

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
In just about every Sesame Street book with Herry from the mid-seventies to the present showed him in those pants, although at least one time, I remember that they were polka dots instead of stripes. One Sesame book that does NOT have Herry in his famous pants is "The Together Book" from 1971. Personally, I never cared for the pants; I'm glad the TV show didn't play along. But, that's just me. I even preferred it when he had a blue and furry nose. I've thought about writing some fan fiction called "The Adventures of Herry Monster When His Nose Was Blue and Furry and He Had No Pants!"

It could work... :zany:
If you do, you must use that full title because it cracks me up so hard. Do you remember when he had the furry blue nose?
I wonder if (supposing Palisades makes him) the Herry figure will be made with the pants. He would be such a cool looking one with all that shaggy hair. He would be huge too I am sure. You know something weird though? Whenever we see Herry, he seems so big. I mean he is known to be this big strong monster and he looks it on the show, but when I saw him in that scene on the 35th Anniversary show I was talking about and he was full bodied on the steps, he didn't look very big at all. He just appeared to be so much smaller/shorter than he comes across from chest up. I will look at my tape again, but he was sitting next to Ernie and Bert and was around the same size as Ernie. That just did not seem right. Anyone else see this?

Soul H

Reaction score
When Little Jerry and his Monotones, came to visit, weren't there only 2 Monotones instead of 3?

GeeBee said:
With some of those muppets, the answer is definitely yes. Harvey Kneeslapper was in a street skit where he put confetti in Molly the Mail Lady's hat as a prank, however, the tables got turned on him.

Little Jerry and the Monotones was in a late 80's skit where they came to Sesame Street and talked to Gina, their number one fan. Gina got so excited, she fainted in David's arms.

Herbert Birdsfoot was in a skit with Big Bird when they talked about the "an" family.

I don't know about the others.