Quick Question Regarding Elmo on Sesame Products

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Those DVDs that don't have Elmo on the cover are generally the ones where he doesn't appear in the story, or at least not in a big way. In most other cases, it has to be Elmo, even if there are other characters in the story.

I was very happy to see the DVD cover for Play Along Games and Songs, which had Big Bird and Forgetful Jones on the front cover. (Even though Elmo plays a big part in the story). :smile:
I know. It sounded like somebody said that he had to be on DVDs even if he didn't have anything to do with them. And regarding the lack of Elmo on the cover of Play-Along Games and Songs, that cover was used for the video rerelease. I don't know when it was rereleased on video, but it was probably before Elmo started appearing on every video cover. The last DVD featuring Elmo (I think, I haven't actualy seen the DVD, and have only seen one of the three episodes included, and forget a lot) to not feature Elmo on the cover was Three Bears and a New Baby, released on video and DVD in 2003, and the last direct-to-video production to not include Elmo at all was The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street (Elmo did appear in a few skits with Kermit). At least Elmo wasn't on the DVD releases of Rock & Roll! and Count it Higher, which both feature brief, non-speaking appearances by Elmo.

Elmo also appeared on the cover of A Celebration of Me, Grover! but at least his appearance on that cover is more subtle, and not used as a selling point. Bert and Zoe also appeared on that cover, and Zoe rarely appears on video covers, and it's the only video cover to feature Bert without Ernie. o there are more characters on that cover. Grover shared the cover of The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street with Kermit, and there weren't other characters around them (Grover was the only other familiar character besides Kermit to appear in the video).

Drtooth

Reaction score
There isn't too much that he isn't featured on.... but there are some things. I saw this bizzarro Kid's book "written by" Cookie Monster...(the only true SS book written by the character is Oscar's how to be a Grouch, since caroll Spinny did write and illustrate it himself...) and a few other rnadom products. But yeah, he's always on the packaging...

Plus he's on that "Sesame Workshop puts all its profits back into SW products" tag...