1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Bud Luckey

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by The Count, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Awwww :cry:. Sorry to hear of his passing. Thanks for your work Mr. Luckey. I think my favorite piece of his was "The Alligator King" (It's funny but I kept passing by it today & didn't play it. )

Zappetman likes this.
  2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I read a quote from Bud Luckey that really sums up his contributions to the world: "Years ago, I used animation to teach numbers [on Sesame Street], and now young people are teaching me how to animate using numbers."

This shows how much one man can make a difference, and how he adjusted to the changing times. He went from using ink and animation cels to computers, and he made the world a better place with Sesame Street, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., and Cars. Thank you for everything, and RIP Mr. Luckey.

3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

That's about the size of it.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I started making the music with my mouth after hearing that line. :p

theSHE124 likes this.