1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Bud Luckey

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by The Count, Feb 25, 2018.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

According to toughpigs, one of Sesame Street's pioneers has passed away today. Bud Luckey was and will always be known as the #1 fiddler, Donnie Bud, on this numbers show. Yes, the animator, composer, and singer of such classics as Ladybug's Picnic, The Alligator King, and other such songs has died. Others may remember him for his work with Disney/Pixar, especially another character named in his honor, Harry "Bud" Luckey from Monsters Inc.

Here's to a great man who taught countless generations their numbers who then turned around and helped teach him about the numbers involved in working with computers.
    :batty: :sigh: :scary:

Zappetman likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

He actually died yesterday from what I'm reading on Wikipedia. He was 83, but it doesn't say a cause of death.

Still, very sad. :(

3. MikaelaMuppet

Do you have the link for it?

4. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Aw man, this is really sad. Alligator King and Ladybug's Picnic are both iconic segments/songs from SS. He will be missed.:cry:

Zappetman likes this.
  5. The Count

Just go to toughpigs.com, it's there at the top of the News articles section.

6. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you.

7. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Darnit, just when I was in a good mood... :(

I guess he'll be boundin' up in Heaven now. RIP.

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I thought he had passed away years ago, but gee, still sad though.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Aw, that's really sad. He was my favorite animator on Sesame Street. His cartoons were fun, unique, full of catchy songs, and full of heart. He's been a big part of my childhood, as well as many others. Thanks Bud for the memories.

These are my two favorite shorts of his:

10. MikaelaMuppet

The Alligator King was my favorite growing up as a little girl.

In fact, I used to wear out the 25th Anniversary Musical Celebration tape all the time because of that.

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I was just looking at his Muppet wiki page a few weeks ago. Shame. :(

12. MikaelaMuppet

According to Bud's son Andy on Facebook, it's where the news was confirmed from.

13. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

He was a legend indeed. Ladybugs' Picnic and The Alligator King were two of my favorite cartoons from him.

RIP :(

14. LittleJerry92

I think mine was the ten veggies song.

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This is really sad. I watched the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie a couple days ago where he was Eeyore. He will be missed.

theSHE124 likes this.
  16. The Count

You mean Ten Tiny Turtles. Frankly, his version will always be the classic though I have :jim:'s version as part of The Count Counts album files.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Yeah, Ten Tiny Turtles. My bad.

18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Well-Known Member

This guy will be heavily missed for sure! Monsters Inc. is my favorite Pixar film. :grouchy: :insatiable: :super: :laugh: Recently, my family moved to a much different state, miles and miles away from CPA...I wonder if the box full of videos still has the MI DVD. In it, Bud himself narrated a short story concerning the origins of monsters...

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I love that one!

He also voiced this guy in Toy Story 3:

[​IMG]

20. MikaelaMuppet

Turns out that he died from natural causes.